Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
5 for me but that's rare.  I know of guys on nuisance permits that have killed 75+.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
4 within a couple of minutes.  Group came into my part of the swamp about 75 yds away.  The lead deer stopped at an opening.  I shot, it took off and another stepped into the opening.  Repeat 3 more times.  I followed the blood trail, then it went around both sides of a tree.   50 yards further I found two down and another 30 yds away.  After returning to the original spot, I found another trail going in another direction.  I was prolly 16 at the time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
4 for me but it's not as easy in NY as it is for some of you in other states. In the northern zone where I live we can only shoot does during muzzle loader season. Rifle is bucks only.

I shot a doe with my muzzleloader, 6 pointer with my rifle and we went downstate, where you can shoot does, and I got two does in one drive and missed a third.

Most years I end up with two deer and that's fine with me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Stupid cull deer story:

I killed a genetically defective deer (one horned, not knocked off, only one pedicle) that was traveling with a doe. I was using a suppressor, and was shooting from a bluff into a deep draw.  Buck dropped DRT,  doe jumped, wandered around for a few seconds and came back to sniff the dead buck. Then she peed on his head, and trotted off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid cull deer story:

I killed a genetically defective deer (one horned, not knocked off, only one pedicle) that was traveling with a doe. I was using a suppressor, and was shooting from a bluff into a deep draw.  Buck dropped DRT,  doe jumped, wandered around for a few seconds and came back to sniff the dead buck. Then she peed on his head, and trotted off.
View Quote
I have a similar one.

Doing some doe culling I came across a doe that was being pursued by three bucks.  I got the shot on her and she dropped right there.  

I waited ten minutes and the bucks that were chasing her were still interested in breeding her.  They were poking her with their antlers and pawing at her.  I drove up within ten yards of them in my polaris and the bucks still were going at her.  

Finally I got tired of waiting on them to scatter, I took my suppressor off and shot into the ground and that scattered the bucks to fifty yards away.  I quickly loaded her up and went to the cleaning stand.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Got 8 last year. 3 with bow and 5 with rifle. Deer populations are exploding here. If I'd hunted harder I could have gotten more. Virginia issues all the bonus tags you want and you can buy one on your phone sitting in your blind just in case you filled you last tag. Ask me how I know 

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Three

A buck with the bow...
A buck opening morning...
A doe on the day before Thanksgiving - using my antler-less bonus tag.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
8-10.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For me it's a whopping 2. Have any of you guys racked up a ridiculous number in one season?
View Quote

When on the PD 8 or 9. 5 one night, all road kill. Years later the carpenter on the job got 48 one season, he ate venison every day for lunch (this was in NJ)
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
9, party hunting
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#12]
3 whitetails in  1 year.
One year best grand total 20 animals.
Consisting of 1 whitetail and 19 other big game animals, totaling 20.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
My best season was 2012. Shot a buck in archery and 2 doe with a shotgun. Also got a bear that year. The 2 doe were a lottery hunt in a state park and 5 guys came home with 8 deer in my truck that day. I should have hunted turkey that year to get the PA hat trick.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#14]
14 when they were thicker than thick
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
5 or 6.
Then the wife and kids statred hunting so I only shoot 2 or 3 these dsys.

No limit on does here so lots of guys kill 20 or 30 and donate themeat
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
2 in a week in the same truck
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#18]
8. 7mmRM and 260 Rem were used.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I killed four one season, three were in one day.  I had an old  Oldsmobile Cutlass I had them stuffed in the trunk.  Couldn't have looked more redneck if I had tried.  I had the trunk lid tied down with legs and heads sticking out all over from the trunk as I drove.

At that time I still took my deer to a processing plant.  After that $300 bill, I started processing, butchering, and grinding my own.  My LEM electric grinder has more than paid for itself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I killed two on Friday, bringing my total for this season up to 3. A new personal record lol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#21]
8... but that was using crop damage tags
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped counting after 50.

30 crop damage tags, hunted a special urban zone with unlimited doe tags, and still made my annual trip to WI.

The soup kitchen got lots of meat that year.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
13 whitetails plus one antelope

It was long enough ago that the statute of limitations has run out. We hunted as a group to fill all our tags, I was lucky that year. No deer were killed without being tagged, but not all the deer I shot had tags with my name on them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I killed four one season, three were in one day.  I had an old  Oldsmobile Cutlass I had them stuffed in the trunk.  Couldn't have looked more redneck if I had tried.  I had the trunk lid tied down with legs and heads sticking out all over from the trunk as I drove.

At that time I still took my deer to a processing plant.  After that $300 bill, I started processing, butchering, and grinding my own.  My LEM electric grinder has more than paid for itself.
View Quote
LOL, been there! I've got a Honda Civic Hybrid (which is a massive piece of shit) and three times I've had to cram two deer into the trunk.I call it my lucky Civic since I never seem to catch multiples when I have my SUV! Definitely racing the clock before rigor mortis sets in or you'll never fold up the poor buggers enough to fit! Truly a good problem to have.

When I pulled up to the processor, the dude says, "You pickin up?" I said, "Nope! Dropping off, two of 'em!" He just looked at me until I opened the trunk.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When I pulled up to the processor, the dude says, "You pickin up?" I said, "Nope! Dropping off, two of 'em!" He just looked at me until I opened the trunk.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4495/37839112942_5f73114809_b.jpg
View Quote
LOL, that looks like some weird gangster movie scene.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#26]
3 has been my best so far. One buck in black powder and rifle season, one doe in rifle.

So far this year got 1 doe with bow and one with my truck on way home from work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#27]
One year I limited out all my tags in WV which if memory serves me correctly it was five. Two bucks and three doe. If there was no tag limit/requirement, I could have killed more.

My best in one day has been two bucks about 45 minutes apart, that was two years ago here in FL, nice 8-pt followed up by 6-pt. My son killed a nice 8-pt and 7-pt back to back while a 4-pt watched the slaughter, then very next am and in the same stand he killed a nice 10-pt.

This year, I'm off to a good start with a decent 5-pt. Come antlerless days, I will have no problem killing two a day, we are ate up with doe.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#28]
37 in one season in GA/SC/AL/OH. I don't have to the time to hunt like that anymore.

I usually kill around 10/year to keep the freezer stocked.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top