BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If buying new,  I would certainly get the cable at the time of purchase,  but as far as I know,  the question of storing repeater offsets to memory channels  by using a cable has not been answered,  though a solid case for not being able to on the front panel is growing.
View Quote

Did you try the "big knob"?

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll buy one.  Seems like a radio to make a compact EMCOM box out of.  And it gives me another radio to play with just cause.  Maybe I'll mount this one on the motorcycle instead of my VV-898
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Programming offsets?
O'lore scores!
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you try the "big knob"?

View Quote

I'll leave the big knob for others to play with. The up/down buttons on the mic go way faster.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they bumped the price up to 114.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah,  so.  Someone  find way to make radio work.

KT8900 at $95, free shipping from Amazon vendor TELECOM TECH. .
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I might get one to replace my  VV-898, when CHIRP supports it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]

I guess it would be a nice upgrade for guys doing SOTA activations using UHF/VHF.  What is that, like 7+ dB over a UV5R?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess it would be a nice upgrade for guys doing SOTA activations using UHF/VHF.  What is that, like 7+ dB over a UV5R?
View Quote

Does anyone really bother to do FM for a SOTA activation?!?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It never even occurred to me, but yes, they do.  Looking at the sotawatch site for today there are 6 folks planning UHF/VHF activations.

And apparently with much success.

As Frostbite notes in his recent thread, the SOTA folks are pretty tight-knit.  If you post that you are foing to a summit they will try to find you there.  Tell them what freq you are on and they will try to talk to you.

The 857D has 50W for FM, so I may try this at some point.  I need to add the two freqs the locals use for simplex to the channels on it.  I talked to a guy on a local summit on 2m on Wednesday.

It wouldn't work as well for IOTA, because you need at least one DX contact to qualify an island.  And islands aren't as tall, of course.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#11]
The programming procedure I linked to above does indeed store offsets into channel memory.

Initial reports from local nets indicate good audio coming from the rig. I've got plenty of audio level coming off the internal speaker, and reasonably good sound quality as well.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Some people are reporting that a dll included with the distribution of the programming software is causing issues.
They've got some interesting jumps through hoops to make it work, but a simpler approach mat be to remove the dll from the same subdirectory as the application, provided that the installer puts one there.

I've seen windows get fussy about that when the one that's registered  and in the bowels of the system are not the same version as shipped with an application and put in the apps subdir.

I hate revision creep.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like it programs very similar to most other chinese HT's... gotta program in the receiving and launching! frequencies in the same memory channel.

Heh, launching! is the chinese version of transmit.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Official JT-6188 cable works fine withold UV3R eEra prolific drivers,  No changes needed to any del files to run with their software.

Read my hand entered config and saved it to file.  I'll try writing later in the week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top