Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
No, we're not experiencing hyper-inflation, yet.

This article was on Zero Hedge the other day.  It makes some very interesting observations about food price inflation.

Food Price Increases

There have been observations of inflation in various market segments and food has been especially hard hit.  I've seen reports that use the "old" government technique for measuring inflation that indicate the CPI is running around 8%.  Remember the .gov controls the numbers and doesn't like to give us bad news.  When last revised they dropped food and fuel prices from the CPI calculation.

Last year I was was on a conference call with some folks in the Mutual Fund business and got introduced to this video:  Melt Up  I don't buy it all and I won't subscribe to any newsletters etc., but they do have some startling numbers on food inflation.  I back-checked a few of them as a sample and found their numbers accurate at the time.

ETA: I'm breakin' the ice on page 3
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SGS shows actual inflation far in excess of the laughable numbers published by the .gov

ShadowStats. Good post.

John Williams uses a secret methodology to claim that inflation is much higher than the government reports. I do not take him seriously. There are a lot of quacks in the hard money/anti-Fed camp. I say this as a hardcore supporter of gold as money.

John Williams  "secret" method for calculating inflation is using the government's own 1980 and 1990 methods for calculating inflation... as stated on the link I posted.

The governments 1980 method for calculating inflation shows that we are currently experiencing 11% inflation.  The .gov don't like that... so they changed their calculation method (Enron style)

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGS shows actual inflation far in excess of the laughable numbers published by the .gov

ShadowStats. Good post.

John Williams uses a secret methodology to claim that inflation is much higher than the government reports. I do not take him seriously. There are a lot of quacks in the hard money/anti-Fed camp. I say this as a hardcore supporter of gold as money.

John Williams  "secret" method for calculating inflation is using the government's own 1980 and 1990 methods for calculating inflation... as stated on the link I posted.

The governments 1980 method for calculating inflation shows that we are currently experiencing 11% inflation.  The .gov don't like that... so they changed their calculation method (Enron style)

Link above goes to the page:

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
inflation yes , hyper not yet. . Fuel cost have gone up since 2008 by about 50% all by itself fuel is going to kill the economy it was at $1.61 when Osama got elected today gas by me is $3.24 . Look at it as he is taking care of his muslim friends in the middle east.  The devalued dollar has hurt as well. The exchange rate between the US and Canada is at 1 to 1 . I see lots of shrinking package sizes . peanut butter that another poster used went up due to dry weather in Texas and south Ga. I bought 2 cases when I read the story it has gone up 20% in 3 months and may go higher .
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ShadowStats. Good post.

Why don't you report your "secret methodology" accusation to FSN who has Williams on as a regular guest. FSN has a lot more credibility in my book, having been on for over 10 years, than you do as an ARFCOM member since May of 2011.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top