Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Blizzard Warning for central IN...

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

* IMPACTS: 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW. WINDS WEDNESDAY WILL BE GUSTING TO 40 MPH.

* TIMING: BEGINNING AFTER 3 AM TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* WIND CHILL VALUES: NEAR 10.

* FORECASTER CONFIDENCE: HIGH. THERE IS NOW RELATIVE CERTAINTY ABOUT THE PATH OF THE LOW PRESSURE THAT WILL AFFECT INDIANA.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
from SWPA

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM WEDNESDAY TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM WEDNESDAY TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW. SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN MAY ALSO MIX IN AT TIME ESPECIALLY IN THE RIDGES OF WESTMORELAND AND FAYETTE COUNTIES.

* ACCUMULATIONS... THE POTENTIAL FOR 4 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW... WITH LOCALIZED HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. SNOWFALL RATES IN EXCESS OF AN INCH PER HOUR ARE POSSIBLE.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY MORNING. A PERIOD OF VERY HEAVY SNOW IS LIKELY FROM MID WEDNESDAY MORNING INTO EARLY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO REDUCED VISIBILITY AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.

* VISIBILITIES... A QUARTER MILE OR LESS DURING HEAVY SNOW.

* TEMPERATURES... IN THE LOWER 30S.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS THAT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't even classify a proper storm till it gets over 8".....
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
have  fun with your ice.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
have  fun with your ice.

Meh, probably just rain.  I don't ever get excited about weather forecasts.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
either way have a good day Wednesday.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
either way have a good day Wednesday.

I will on my way to work in the AM
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That was our forecast up to an hour ago, now it's 3-8" of snow and sleet.  Better than all ice, at least.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]
We has white Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

* FORECASTER CONFIDENCE: HIGH. THERE IS NOW RELATIVE CERTAINTY ABOUT THE PATH OF THE LOW PRESSURE THAT WILL AFFECT INDIANA.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Grumble...

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Grumble...

looks like the midwest may have this for a day or 2
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm waiting on our 4-6 inches this afternoon. So far nothing interesting happening yet

Speed
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on our 4-6 inches this afternoon. So far nothing interesting happening yet

Speed

The last 1/2 hour of sleet bodes well

Curremtly snowing with the sleet
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

The last 1/2 hour of sleet bodes well

Curremtly snowing with the sleet

Well, we got straight snow here a little north of Pittsburgh. It's coming down pretty good and they say it will get heavier in the next few hours...I may have to hit the grocery store down the street for lunch just for shits and giggles

My one supplier just called and told me the truck they sent out this am (from TN) turned around and came back to the factory

Speed

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, it rained, sleeted, iced, for half the day, rest of the day the sun was shining.  Didn't stick to anything, barley anything even on the mountains.  Looks like more rain coming tonight.

I kinda get a kick out of the storm thread in the VA HTF, those idiots go apeshit when a flake of snow falls, god forbid if it sticks, kinda interesting to watch really
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out at what snow depth you are supposed to start making French Toast.

We finished up with about 10" of wet snow in Indy.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I kinda get a kick out of the storm thread in the VA HTF, those idiots go apeshit when a flake of snow falls, god forbid if it sticks, kinda interesting to watch really

I need to set up a GoPro on my truck's rear-view mirror so you can see how people drive in it.  Normally my drive home from work takes 20 minutes.  Today it took 75.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#19]

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL INTO THE AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO SLIPPERY SNOW COVERED ROADS AND REDUCED VISIBILITY. SNOW IS PARTICULARLY SLIPPERY TODAY BECAUSE TEMPERATURES ARE CLOSE TO FREEZING... RESULTING IN ICE FORMING AS SNOW GETS COMPACTED BY TRAFFIC AND UNDER FOOT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#20]
They were calling for 1"-3" here today.

We've got 4" on the ground already and it's not stopping. My plow driver just called and asked if I wanted my lot done now or "after it stops snowing"

I told him to come by in 2 hours...who the fuck knows when it will actually quit. This storm isn't moving much.

I love the snow, but it's really hurting my business this week

Speed
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Just shoveled Speeds 4" to the East of him, still snowing lightly.

One hour for the walk and behind one car, and clean off the car.

Gamma Lid on a Homer Bucket works great for sitting out and hold the snow melt for the ice on the porcj too.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, another let down.  Was calling for 3-6" here between midnight and this evening.  Well, looks like it rained here all night, and has just started snowing, not sticking to shit.  No snow on the grass other than what was left of the skit from the other night

I was thinking about going up on Cheat Mtn tomorrow for a day hike, not sure if I will, depends on how much it snowed up there, last year was fun wading snow up to my knees
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#23]
We've got plenty of extra snow here if you need any, just head west
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top