Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2018 3:12:01 AM EDT
I don’t remember where I got them before, but does anyone know where I can get #10 cans of M&Ms and other candy?  They’re actually generic M&Ms, but taste the same. I’ve looked around the internet and I’m not seeing them. If you have a source I’d love to hear it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you thought about.. I dunno.... going to Google (or some other search engine) and typing in "bulk M&M's"?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
On to the topic at hand, I did find them in bulk, but I want them in a #10 can, not in a large box. I’ve bought  them that way in the past but it’s been a number of years and I have been unable to locate them in this particular packaging, which is why I posted and asked a question. So if anyone knows where I can find them I would greatly appreciate it if you’d pass it on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you thought about.. I dunno.... going to Google (or some other search engine) and typing in "bulk M&M's"?
https://cdnimages.opentip.com/thumbs/DOF/DOF-359489_280_280.jpg
View Quote
Thanks, but as I said in my original post I did just that and didn’t find what I’m looking for, but thank you for the snarky answer that was no help at all.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I like the idea and have no doubt that you found them at one point. However am looking and can't find any current company that does this!

I'd recommend just getting the larger bags of m&m's and putting them in a smaller threaded top bucket. Or a different source.

You may be able to find a local can night place that can do it for you too for a small price. Or hit the top of the canning tier and buy your own canner! Then sell them!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check with the folks at MREDEPOT.com.
They have candy in cans.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Find some Mormon's in your area and see if they have a home canner you can borrow.  Many local congregations (wards) have a canner for use by members, or the regional storehouses sometimes have a canner they loan out to members.  Looks like they have a storehouse in the Nashville (Henderson) and Knoxville areas.

Buy your own M&M's or whatever hard candy you wish to can, buy the cans and lids, and you're set.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
GoJoe and Zirk, thanks. Now I have 2 great options! ??
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn. Why didn't I think of this before. I need some #10 cans of M&Ms and some with Jelly Belly's.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn. Why didn't I think of this before. I need some #10 cans of M&Ms and some with Jelly Belly's.
View Quote
I wouldn't recommend the jelly belly's Seriously.

The centers are a gel and have a higher liquid content. It leaches out into the shell and they turn to a glob.

Same for sour patch kids of any variety.

Found out the hard way.

oh well.

I chose other things to store for snack stuff. Gummy bears as long as they stay cool work well. They will get harder and chewy but separate easily. I put the mini bags into a large bucket and they do fine. The Halloween sized micro bears store very well like that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#11]
https://www.mredepot.com/product-p/fe375.htm

Chocolate covered peanuts.  They have several candies but no M&M equivalent.

They are in cans sealed in an oxygen free nitrogen atmosphere.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I know it means spending more money on equipment, but what about vacuum sealing M&Ms using a home food vacuum sealer?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]
you might want to try mredepot
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wouldn't recommend the jelly belly's Seriously.

The centers are a gel and have a higher liquid content. It leaches out into the shell and they turn to a glob.
View Quote
Well, damn. Not sure I want to survive the apocalypse if we're going to be be short on Jelly Belly and Twinkies :-D

Thank you for sharing the lessons learned! I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazon and others have an adapter that lets you pull a vacumn on a canning jar.  There are adapters for regular or wide mouth jars.

Mostly made for use with a vacumn sealer that has an accessory port but I have used a brand new hand operated brake bleeder vacumn pump I bought just for this purpose.

Since it is pulling a vacumn I see no way for the brake bleeder to introduce anything to the canning jar.

Have to keep the jars out of the light but you can store a lot of stuff in canning jars this way if you have shelves to hold them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top