Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 10:55:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I opted not to apply for permits as you guys up north need the tags way more. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's say I put in and get a tag. Then what? I don't assume there are guides like for bear. I would like to try for a wolf but have no clue the next steps....
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little pissed my old preference point didn't transfer over.

Still, in for a preference point.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's say I put in and get a tag. Then what? I don't assume there are guides like for bear. I would like to try for a wolf but have no clue the next steps....
View Quote

The bear guides up north know exactly where the likelyhood of finding a wolf pack is, and would gladly help to "harvest" some canus lupus. But whether or not they're equipped and ready to go next week is a different matter. Most of them have other jobs, and this is just another DNR clusterfuck, with the short notice. For one thing, access is going to be very difficult at this time of year, with 16 -24" of snow on the ground. Woods roads in the  big woods / public hunting lands  where wolves roam either aren't plowed, or are now groomed snowmobile trails. Northwoods coyote hunters are used to that, and have adapted.... they use lighter weight, older snowmobiles to access the woods.

If the season was held last week, there wouldn't be many hunters out there. It didn't go above zero in the day light hours for several days in a row, and was -25 or lower at night. It's -25 right now as I type this. On the plus side... it's going to be significantly warmer next week.

If you get a tag, I know a guy to contact in the St. Germain area. He guides hunters in the fall (bear & grouse, both with dogs) and pursues coyotes all winter too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a little pissed my old preference point didn't transfer over.

Still, in for a preference point.
View Quote

Mine did?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]

That's weird. I should shoot an email to the DNR and see what's up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I have my points too for wolf.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]
It looks like i have mine now too. Maybe they just hadn't put it up on the site when i first checked? I donno.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Man either people are really good at killing wolves or there are a fuck ton more than the dnr says.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man either people are really good at killing wolves or there are a fuck ton more than the dnr says.
View Quote

Both.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

or/also they are loosing their fear of man
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quota:119
Registered kills: 216
Great job hunters.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot-em up boys!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quota:119
Registered kills: 216
Great job hunters.

View Quote

If everyone had waited 23 hours to register bet they could have got even more!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top