Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2021 1:08:44 AM EDT
Take girlfriend to Top of the World at the Strat for birthday.  Before the elevators I see a metal detector.  Girlfriend looks at me sideways and asks now what.  I show security guard my CCW and ask him why the metal detector.  He calls his supervisor and they eventually let me through with all the sirens going off.  Good laughs, good dinner.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been that way for at least 10-12 years.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd guess those days are numbered considering how this state is going.

I stayed at the Circa a few months ago. I really wanted to check out the pool. Saw the metal detector and just turned around.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
OMG freaking insane.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The metal detectors at the bottom of the tower aren’t new.

The fact that security let you through with your weapon due to your CCW is refreshing in this day and age. Many of the other big players on the strip would like to have you arrested for even thinking about that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I fell upon the idea of being the better/responsible person and acting professional would let me prevail or I would have gone back to the car to lock up gun and OTF auto knife in the safe ??
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The metal detectors at the bottom of the tower aren’t new.

The fact that security let you through with your weapon due to your CCW is refreshing in this day and age. Many of the other big players on the strip would like to have you arrested for even thinking about that.
View Quote

Surprised he made it through. Funny part is the owner of the strat is a big time hunter. His son owns go hunt you figure they would be pro gun but have to put on the "safe" appearance because guns r bad ummm kayyyy
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Surprised he made it through. Funny part is the owner of the strat is a big time hunter. His son owns go hunt you figure they would be pro gun but have to put on the "safe" appearance because guns r bad ummm kayyyy
View Quote

The owners of the Strat are the shareholders of Golden Entertainment; however, yes, the CEO of GEI is a hunter. There is taxidermy displayed at corporate HQ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top