Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2022 5:29:32 PM EDT
How hard and costly is it to get a trust for a suppressor? And who does such things in DFW area? A friend of mine went the stamp route still a year later still no stamp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Either way unless the e form 4 speeds things up it will take a year, trust or not. You still need fingerprints and responsible party for the trust. That being said, you can just use the trusts from silencershop or capitol armory. If your order from capitol armory, they'll just ship the can to your house. It is awesome.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/nfa-firearms-trust-50-state.html

but be prepared to wait either way. I have probably 15 trust stamps and 20 individual. There used to be a difference before they changed the laws but now it all seems the same. Trust you can still have more people on though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust is something you need to decide if it's for you. For me, they aren't worth it. Only upside would be passing on my stamped stuff to my kids, but a will does the same thing. They aren't old enough to shoot yet and when they are I'll be there. My wife shoots, but not without me.

As far as speed. E-file form 4s just started up again. How long they take remains to be seen. Regardless of which method you use, if you want one just get in line and start the process. If you sit and wait for it to become easier, you'll never own one. Look how many folks use to say that they were waiting on the HPA to pass....they're all still waiting. Meanwhile they could've had who knows how many forms approved.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The best day to buy a suppressor was yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top