Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2022 11:43:41 AM EDT
I need someone that can dig out a couple of lines and re-route them out from under a tree.

when they built this house, they put a bubbler and sprinkler head inside a tree circle.
today I noticed water coming up out of the ground next to the tree.
Started digging and found it under a 3 inch or so root and can't get it dug out any farther due to all the roots around it.
I tried to find the incoming line but so many roots means I can't get to it either.
tree is now about 14 years old.
so what I need is someone to come and dig new lines from the valve for both trees to reconnect or put in new heads for those 2 zones so I don't have to deal with the other tree they did that to that isn't leaking yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
No recommendations, but curious what something like this would cost.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
will update when I find out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
everyone seems to be backed up a week or 2.
had 2 over the phone quotes for just fixing it, so it doesn't leak for around 300.
had 1 come by and look.
same for the fix.
1800 for a route around the tree.

I had another idea on fixing it, so since I am not getting any more estimates till next week or even the week after, I might give that a try first.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have recently used Lawn Sense.  They’re the only ones I could get to come out and actually make an appointment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I managed to fix it myself.
a couple more places called me back.
basically for stuff like this they don't really provide an estimate.
you get an hourly rate, with a min call out charge, and then in 15 min increments after that.
The cheapest was 100 bucks and hour for the first hour. then 150 an hour.
the rest started at 125 to 150 an hour right off the bat.

I managed to dig around it further, and discovered it was 3/4 inch pipe into a t that had a reducer on the side I could see, down to 1/2 inch.
That chuck was 1.10 inch around.
A 3/4 cap is 1.05 ish.
I wallered out the cap a little and buffed the t some till they fit together.
then I had to cut the root that was right on top of it, that prevented me from getting the cap on straight.
cut a little half moon shape out of it.

Anyway it is patched up and not leaking. and I got around to replacing 5 other heads that weren't working right.
now I have another 10 to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.


By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top