Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2021 10:53:49 PM EDT
During the first and foremost heartland vol 1.  I spent a very small but cherished bit of time with Vu and Isidro shootings 22s at targets for fun on friday morning.  I said to myself as I left what did I enjoy the most?  Was it the prizes?  no sir.  They were wonderful of course but not the favored most precious thing.  Was it the pond that I could wiggle across and later laugh as others attempted?  Again...no sir.  

I think it was fighting wind with a 22 at the range with the bros.  

For that reason I am contemplating.  

Team American 22 deathmatch of doom 2022.  

For this reason I have purchased a bluegrass targets know your limits 22 target.  I will also bring out my .22 mini mo and .22 hostage from MOA targets.  

The side event will be at the grace of the range cadre and or owner discussed closer to the event.  There will likely be 3 shooting positions with a sprint between them forcing more tactically driven shooting with a 22.  I will likely lend out a .22 that might even be zeroed for the day for travelers who can't bring another upper with them or gasp...don't have a 22.

concept of possible range.

Start at left behind barricade shoot mini mo chest to reset head then shoot head down.  Shoot hostage taker without shooting target.

repeat from other side of barricade with opposite hand firing.

Move to star shoot all again standing.

Move to low port shoot as far down on know your limits as you feel comfortable then hit stop plate for time.  

If you shoot the hostage you are do not finish and stop.  If you miss on know your limits you are do not finish and stop.

Lowest time with smallest hit know your limits wins.  Or we can do some kind of time plus or points per second scheme I don't care.

Donate x amount of dollars to team emily fund or cola fund or what ever to get one run.  Winner gets bragging rights and maybe something cool who knows its cola war.

This is a working concept.  If you like it or don't like it for any reason speak your piece.  If this works for any other events you may of course absolutely steal the concept.  

Thanks to bluegrass targets and MOA targets for sponsoring me which in turn sponsors this side match concept.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sick, in. Hopefully CMMG can get caught up with barrels by then. Otherwise might be doing this with the Tikka
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Heartily endorsed by MOA Targets. I'll send appropriate prizes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Sick, in. Hopefully CMMG can get caught up with barrels by then. Otherwise might be doing this with the Tikka
View Quote

hmm you are right we should probably incorporate some one handed shooting at the star.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nvgeologist:
Heartily endorsed by MOA Targets. I'll send appropriate prizes.
View Quote

you little sexy panther you.  

heartland has a great side bay for this Im sure flyover can pull it off too but there is an awful lot going on there.  Maybe donations all to cola fund to help keep these suckers classy.  Haven't seen anything for team E lately and luckily I haven't heard of a cola warrior deep in need lately.  Plans can of course easily change.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet idea. What distances?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By saturnsport8k:
Sweet idea. What distances?
View Quote

not sure at this point.  Something optimized for 22 ar's balancing speed and precision.  Will likely have to get it out and set up to figure out.  Scoring or time will be figured so that you will likely be able to do it better with an modern type .22 over a bolt action but it would probably be fun with the bolt gun as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I like this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By boobaloo:
Nice
View Quote

no u
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
100% in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top