Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 1:36:02 PM EDT
Can someone please explain the population drop in Wyoming?  Dope smokers moving to Oregon/Colorado?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Oil/Gas plays into it but younger people have been leaving for jobs not available in Wyo for decades. I'm going back in 5yrs when I retire.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, that makes sense.  With oil prices down and there being a glut on the market, I can see layoffs or slow downs.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
there are several very good studies  that show that ND,SD,MT, & WY residents are the happiest . The answer is simple, they want to be there.They could go anywhere else but they want to be on the high plains, States where people go for work only are the most miserable.ie: NY,CA, FL, MA,VA ect.

If they were not happy in god's country WYis better off without them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Stay away from Jackson.  Drove through there on Saturday,  traffic was like driving in the beach towns of Cape Cod.  It is a beautiful area though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it continues, that trend.

Me and the wife want a vacation home near Cody in the next few years after we pay down some bills.

I plan to retire to there for most of the year and go back and forth between there and TX.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully the people that are leaving are the liberals that thought they'd love to live here and left because of the winters.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife and I are looking to retire there.

Need to find some other career than looking after inmates when I bail Colorado that has been over run by Kalifornians.

ETA I gota convince my wife to move there instead of Michigan. No long range shooting in Michigan, all the love for guns in WY
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd stay out of Michigan because of the growing non-Christian population.  There was a unsuccessful push for a governor who believed in sharia law.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
My son is stationed out there... he loves it.

I wish I could move to WY but just too deeply settled here in FL, own land, family, etc.

Pipe dream... but maybe after retirement I could get a second place to visit several times a year... I also loved New Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I’d be in WY if there were similar personal economic opportunities
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Just went through Kemmerer.
Local coal mine may shut down, owner in financial trouble.
Local power plant may shut down.
If this happens, there will little or no jobs there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there are several very good studies  that show that ND,SD,MT, & WY residents are the happiest . The answer is simple, they want to be there.They could go anywhere else but they want to be on the high plains, States where people go for work only are the most miserable.ie: NY,CA, FL, MA,VA ect.

If they were not happy in god's country WYis better off without them.
View Quote
Depends on what you're looking for.
People are in NYS for more than "work", and many people here do not take advantage of the beautiful areas around them.
We have a ton of natural areas around my area, and most people who live here never go into those areas.
One regular member of my hiking group admitted that he lived in my town for 18 years before he set foot in the woods.
Tons of tourists come to our area and many locals just take it for granted.
There are also some major differences between areas of the state; NYC vs Upstate. I am sure that we are not the only state with this bipolarism, I am sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top