Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2018 12:12:30 PM EDT
we were out in the spring, was fun, didnt plan accordingly.  now we gonna be out again, would like to take a saiga12 drum to promag, and visit pof to look at their revolution and hear the magic...

anything else i shouldnt miss?  restaraunts, etc?

drove by some airbase last time, had apaches overhead, good stuff!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
......drove by some airbase last time, had apaches overhead, good stuff!
View Quote
If that was in east Mesa, it was the Boeing plant were they are manufactured.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it was Marana, they’re all gone now
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Go visit the Ruger plant in Prescott.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
ah, that would be sensible!  Go pack! im from up there too...

ruger lets ya tour?!?!?!?!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ah, that would be sensible!  Go pack! im from up there too...

ruger lets ya tour?!?!?!?!!
View Quote
Only for VIPs.  The building itself from the outside is fairly boring, just a big industrial building with a guard shack.

I do believe that Gunsite does tours, if able.  But that’s quite a drive from the verde valley
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know Promag was in town.  I need to find out where - about every mag I bought from them is a piece of crap - would love to drop them in their lobby, flip them off and walk out of there!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#7]
hahah fool me once shame on me??

ya they are in like west phoenix maybe?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Oak Creeky Brewery or Elenor in sedona are good places to stop and eat.

Montezuma's Castle / Cliff Dwellings are between Phoenix the sedona turn off. You could comfortably walk that in under 30 mins.

Slide rock and grasshopper point are basically "Shriveled Shrinkage Creek" from here on out until it warms back up again in May.

You could stop at arcosanti and see hippies in their natural habitat. Cool gifty type wind chimes that they make on site.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
hahah fool me once shame on me??

ya they are in like west phoenix maybe?
View Quote
I figured they couldn't screw-up EVERY magazine, but I underestimated them.  In fairness it was only a few mags each for three different guns but after that I won't touch anything they make.   It looks like their factory is at 48th Ave and Van Buren (a very unsafe area), ain't going there without a gun, and certainly not with a gun with a Promag magazine!  

I have two POF AR's and they are awesome - direct opposite of the promags - they ALWAYS work!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#10]
weeeeeeeeell, we came, we saw, we did some stuff!!

went in-n-out on the way in, not the best burger joint in the world, but they try, and they are good!

got over to cottonwood on thursday, found some norinco 76239 for $4/box, didnt buy any cause didnt wanna lug it back in suitcase.... so its still there for the picking.  saw a $350 browing A5, with vent rib... not amazin condition, once again, if i i didnt have to deal with airlines shennigans it may have come home with us.

got over to jerome, then over the hill to prescott/prescott valley.  didnt get to tour ruger, was saturday.  bugged the security guard for a bit, he said ruger made em carry rugers while on duty, haha.

jerome is neat spot! stopped and got some ice cream, and put the top back on the rental jeep, getting dark...and cold.  talked to a cool lady at the copper art selling place on the way into jerome.  neat artillery shells with trench art for $125.  ish.  seems good price for something that old/historic/etc...

so what i learned on the trip:  folks in sedona never stop at any signs, and folks on foot in jerome have a death wish...
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't know that.  What happened?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Evergreen Air, and AZ National Guard Apaches are still north of Marana. Nothing's changed there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't know that.  What happened?
View Quote
The 1-285 ARB was deactivated in August.  All of the battalion’s AH-64Ds have been transferred and the personnel moved to other units.  The battalion has been replaced by an assault company and MEDEVAC detachment.  Peace Vanguard, Singapore Air Force, is still based at the heliport and continues to fly the AH-64D.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Evergreen Air, and AZ National Guard Apaches are still north of Marana. Nothing's changed there.
View Quote
Evergreen has been gone for several years now.  Ascent Aviation is the major player now at Pinal Airpark.  The SOCOM jump facility is still there as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Evergreen has been gone for several years now.  Ascent Aviation is the major player now at Pinal Airpark.  The SOCOM jump facility is still there as well.
View Quote
I had many good times while Evergreen was still at Pinal Airpark.  That would have been back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  Work rooms, dining hall, lodging and so on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top