Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 6:25:40 PM EDT
Currently visitors are required to self-quarantine for 14 day on arrival.

My daughter is getting married in June in Missoula.  I intend to be there.  My wife and I cannot stay there for 2+ weeks, and in any case, the place we'd be staying -- the "place of quarantine" -- is not the wedding venue.

My question is straightforward:  What is the penalty for disregarding the self-quarantine?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly,if you are not showing any symptoms I wouldn't even worry about it. This is all a bunch of overblown political hit job bullshit in the first place.

<<<<<FluBro

ETA my Parents left Florida about five weeks ago,stopped in Iowa to visit my sister for a week and then came here. They "self quarantined" here with me for two weeks for all the good it did. Both the Mrs. and I are "essential" workers and we were still going to work everyday On top of that the Mrs is in a high risk occupation as a pharmacist tech at walmart dealing with all the sick people that come in,my parents are in their late 70's...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m1awolf:
Honestly,if you are not showing any symptoms I wouldn't even worry about it. This is all a bunch of overblown political hit job bullshit in the first place.

<<<<<FluBro

ETA my Parents left Florida about five weeks ago,stopped in Iowa to visit my sister for a week and then came here. They "self quarantined" here with me for two weeks for all the good it did. Both the Mrs. and I are "essential" workers and we were still going to work everyday On top of that the Mrs is in a high risk occupation as a pharmacist tech at walmart dealing with all the sick people that come in,my parents are in their late 70's...
View Quote

Good to know.  I figure the Colorado plates are going to be noticed, and I am looking to get a sense of potential issues.  It's Missoula, so I'd also expect things to be tighter there than elsewhere in the state.  

I'm going to walk my daughter down the aisle as a brazen scofflaw, if I need to.  My isolating at this point is strongly related to a desire to show up healthy, so I'm not worried at all about infecting others. I guess I just really would like to know the penalty if Montana Karen shows up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as tracking, they are only checking the airports and rail/bus stations. Driving through I do not know of any 'checkpoints'.  Hotels for a while at least were "essential business workers only".  No idea how they checked that. Plus, what if you are driving through?

I am not sure I have seen what the penalties would be, Karen's be damned.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As far as tracking, they are only checking the airports and rail/bus stations. Driving through I do not know of any 'checkpoints'.  Hotels for a while at least were "essential business workers only".  No idea how they checked that. Plus, what if you are driving through?

I am not sure I have seen what the penalties would be, Karen's be damned.
View Quote
So if I'm flying up there, I'd be told to quarantine myself?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
To my knowledge, yes. I believe they get contact information and where you will be staying. I do not know if they do anything after that though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
So right now I'm thinking it's not going to be a major problem.  Unless, of course, the reopening of areas results in a new spike, which would be occurring right ... about ... when the wedding is.  Thinking positive thoughts here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
CO has alot more CV issues than up here, but hope MT drops the 14-day requirement before your trip.

Or you can drive up here & sneak into the state w/o dealing with the inspections at the airport.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Talyn:
CO has alot more CV issues than up here, but hope MT drops the 14-day requirement before your trip.

Or you can drive up here & sneak into the state w/o dealing with the inspections at the airport.
View Quote

My plan is to drive, and try to use MT-plated vehicles around Missoula.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#9]
@vim

At this point in my life, I am personally in a sustained state of "Ethically Responsible Civil Disobedience".

I no longer consider any government under the U.S. umbrella, Federal, State, County, City, HOA, or otherwise to have any legitimate authority whatsoever with a possible exception of a few "Constitutional Sheriff" departments who are still honoring their oath.  Sadly my local sheriff department is not one of them and neither is the Missoula sheriff department.

I consider the "social contract" established first in the Declaration of Independence and followed up later by the Constitution of The United States of America to have been broken repeatedly and beyond repair and to be null and void as a result.

But I also believe in "Natural Law", "Real Crimes", "Individual Liberty", and "Individual Responsibility".

The government is no longer legitimate, therefore I must be self governing even more then I otherwise would.

Just like the resistance government of Poland when they were occupied by both Nazi Germany & Stalin's Soviet Union that fought under the heal of both at the same time.  They had secret courts where they tried their own criminals who committed "Real Crimes" and they held court that was more fair and more respectful of the rights of the accused collaborators and common criminals alike then either oppressor or even their own home government did before invasion, and through this the secret courts of the resistance held legitimacy with the people even though they ha d no official sanction or any kind of official officers appointed or elected.

Therefore, take the following of what I have to say about this knowing that as my point of view:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allmost all of these virus "orders", "restrictions", etc . . . are illigitimate and unlawful. Never mind those that issue and attempt to enforce them were not legitimate even before this all began.

The only legitimate actions that have been taken is the to quarantine those known to be infected and contagious with a deadly disease, the burden of proof being to prove they are infected and contagious and the disease is deadly.  There have been a few such actions which even though taken by illigitimate authorities are the action itself being legitimate.  The whole "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" situation, which the legitimacy of such actions comes from the legitimacy of the act alone, not those taking the action.  Even if Alcapone we're to enforce such a quarantine, with appropriate proof, it would be legitimate even though it was Alcapone enforcing it.

There is also possibly some legitimacy in closing or restricting national borders to stop disease spread but that is highly debatable.  If a nation's government is illigitimate, and said illigitimate government draws such borders, how can there be a legitimate national border?  Not taking a side personally on this one, not solid enough ground either way.

What I DO know =

----- There is a real new disease (let's not get into the "how" big issue there).
----- It is deadly for a certain small segment of the population who are uniquely vulnerable to it.
----- It is true that the majority of those infected and contagious have no to minimal symptoms and unknowingly can spread it to others.
----- It is spread through "oral aerosolization", "fecal matter contamination", "contaminated surfaces", and "direct touch".

What I do NOT know:

----- Whether or not I am a carrier of this disease.

THEREFORE, as a self governing individual with morals. I must hold myself to a standard regardless of what illigitimate authorities do:

----- If I know I am sick with something that could be this bug then I sure as heck ain't going to go out while I am sick where I could spread something that could kill an innocent bystander.  Same reason I don't just go around shooting bullets from a gun into the distance in the woods without a specific backstop we're I can't see well enough to know if there might be a hiker or someone downrange in the danger zone.

----- If I am not sick with anything that I know of but could still be an unknowing spreader if this thing, well then that's like carrying around a loaded gun without actively shooting it.  You still don't want the muzzle pointed in any inappropriate direction do you?  Accidents do happen.

----- I keep my distance from other people, EXTRA ESPECIALLY THOSE OF THE SMALL SEGMENT FOR WHICH THIS CAN BE DEADLY, I don't go around handshaking and hugging unnecessarily, I wash my freaking hands a lot, especially after using the freaking restroom.  I don't cough, sneeze, sing, or even really talk into other people's faces.  I don't touch stuff I don't need to touch, when possible I clean up after myself just in case I might leave a contaminated surface behind.

----- And, yes, I do wear a mask when around groups of people, like when going into Costco (long before it was required, back when the illigitimate authorities told us not too, that they only worked for health care workers, because somehow healthcare workers are "special" when it comes to the way their oral aerosolization works compared to us normal folks) It's just like when you go into visit a newborn baby and mother immediately after birth.  They have you mask up, not to protect you from the newborn baby but to REDUCE the chances of you giving the newborn baby with a not fully developed immune system anything you might unknowingly have through your oral aerosolization output.

----- Now, the mask thing, most of what people are using does very little if anything.  Especially the ones with valves in them.  That defeats the whole point and let's your exhale straight out which means if your a spreader your still spreading.  You need a good seal and a mask material that catches all the moisture droplets in your exhale.  The vast majority of the virus is in the moisture droplets.  The mask if it works should get wet in use because it's trapping the moisture and you should be able to wear glasses with the mask without them fogging up.  If they fog up it's leaking at the top around your nose.  Even then with a proper mask it's only a reduction in risk.

----- Now there has been some development I have been watching closely with 3D printed masks that use UV-LEDs to truly fully prevent oral aerosolization spreading.  Strong UV light is a 100% kill for this virus and almost everything else in micro-seconds.  There is no chemical residue, but such strong UV light can damage ones eyes and cause skin cancer if directly exposed.  Forme fitting 3D masks that are printed to fit your individual face and give a complete seal without being unnecessarily uncomfortable with a set of baffles made of dense dark material so that when you breath in and out the air routed through a slot where a set of industrial high output UV-LEDs are mounted so there is far less breathing restriction then any normal mask yet all air in and out passes through the high intensity UV light with the baffles and dense dark material ensuring non of the UV light is exposed to mess with your eyes or give you skin cancer yet safely completely sterilizes all air in and out.  That is the promise of such tech being developed in the "grey web" completely outside of the government or what they want.  It isn't completely ironed out yet though.  When it is I'm getting it and all I will need is fresh batteries to run the UV-LEDs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Many may think all that is rediculous and being way more careful then I need to be.  Way too worried about myself being a potential unknowing spreader and that I might spread it to an innocent bystander who is a part of the narrow margin of people for whom this bug could be deadly.

But, you forget, I am actively engaging in "Ethically Responsible Social Disobedience" and doing so on a sustained continuance as a "longterm lifestyle choice".

As such, I must hold myself to a higher standard.  It's like being self employed - the meanest hardest boss you ever have will be yourself.

I am actively ignoring all the stupid orders and rules.  I have and continue to do business with "non-essential businesses & workers" who are opperating out of their back doors while maintaining the up front illusion of being closed down.  Along with both knowingly and  unknowingly violating their illigitimate unlawful tyrannies.

Thus, I must be extra responsible and careful.  Otherwise I'm not a freedom fighter in my own small way.  I'm just another selfish thug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I strongly suggest that you adopt a similar attitude in your civil disobedience that you are contemplating.

And of course, always count the costs before deliberately violating illigitimate authority.  There are some things I don't do.  For example: obtaining from the "grey market" and then concealed carrying an unregistered select fire, SBR with a underslung grenade launcher with grenades into court for jury duty summons.  Ethically I have no issues with doing so.  And with quite a bit of work and planning it could be done responsibly.  But the risks currently outweigh the benefits, therefore at this time I choose not to do so, of my own free choice, of my own free will and risk benefit calculation.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By vim:

My plan is to drive, and try to use MT-plated vehicles around Missoula.
View Quote

I think once you're "in" you'll be ok with your own rig.

I see Oregon, Idaho, Washington, etc plates all day long around the N. Bitterroot & Missoula.

I don't see anyone paying any attention & turning folks in with out-of-state plates like below  

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Since the beginning I have frequently thought of, or referred to, Bodysnatchers.  :D That exact scene too!

Overall I don't see a lot of people having a problem, unless they run into, or know, a Karen.  I know someone who recently flew here, and has not done a darn thing or cared. I don't know if they have 'been checked up on' either.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
So does anyone know of potential penalties for this?  I'm in the "fuck it i'm coming camp", but the last thing I want to worry about on vacation is the popo tracking me down because I wasn't where they wanted me to be and spending the night in jail.  I'm thinking about changing the flights we got for a future date and driving this go around to avoid the de facto registration at the airport.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to gen up a "essential worker" letter.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the 14 day quarantine will be lifted soon.

The politicians aren't abiding to it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#15]
In reading the letter, it would indicate that there are no penalties. None listed.

http://governor.mt.gov/Portals/16/QuarantineforTravelers.pdf
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Talyn:

I think once you're "in" you'll be ok with your own rig. 

I see Oregon, Idaho, Washington, etc plates all day long around the N. Bitterroot & Missoula.

I don't see anyone paying any attention & turning folks in with out-of-state plates like below   

http://2h3mh837ken53kitqv1co5fh83o.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers-1.jpg
View Quote

Saw a few from New Yuck, Assoftwoshits, and New Joisey over the weekend.  Had one of the Yuckers get all mouthy because when I parked, the tailpipe on my diesel pickup was right next to her open driver's window(4" straight pipe on a turbo 6.0L).  She thought she was all that and a bag of chips until she saw the Glock 17 on my hip.  I've never seen anyone go from mouthy retard to Porky Pig in nothing flat.    I just smiled and said, "Welcome to Montana."
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Talked to some realtor friends.  If you are here on business, such as looking to buy land or house etc, then the quarantine does not apply. I guess quite a few out of staters have been flying in to buy or look at places and then flying out. There is no checking from what I am hearing.

C'mon up, be smart about it, and enjoy your time here :D
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cornsweat:
Talked to some realtor friends.  If you are here on business, such as looking to buy land or house etc, then the quarantine does not apply. I guess quite a few out of staters have been flying in to buy or look at places and then flying out. There is no checking from what I am hearing.

C'mon up, be smart about it, and enjoy your time here :D
View Quote

This is my intention.  After a little more research and talking to friends up there, i'm not concerned.  Looking forward to it as I do every year.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
14 day quarantine will be lifted 1 June.  There you go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cornsweat:
14 day quarantine will be lifted 1 June.  There you go.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

When I am driving, I am in a rental with California tags. The only thing I am getting is dirty looks from the locals when I have filled up the tank. As soon as I open my mouth and the Texas accent comes out of it as I explain I am not from Cali and I am not moving here, they seem a lot friendlier
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Hoji:

When I am driving, I am in a rental with California tags. The only thing I am getting is dirty looks from the locals when I have filled up the tank. As soon as I open my mouth and the Texas accent comes out of it as I explain I am not from Cali and I am not moving here, they seem a lot friendlier
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When I am driving, I am in a rental with California tags. The only thing I am getting is dirty looks from the locals when I have filled up the tank. As soon as I open my mouth and the Texas accent comes out of it as I explain I am not from Cali and I am not moving here, they seem a lot friendlier

I like the area, and people have seemed friendly.  My daughter's there, and I have a cousin -- retired Navy Captain -- living in the Bitterroot.  She's got a sweet setup off the beaten track.  

I was worried about that ONE person on a Mission From God to make everyone comply, but it looks like circumstances will overcome that concern.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

California tags  

You should have requested a different rig with different plates.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#25]
The neatest thing I've learned here is the phrase "Ethically Responsible Civil Disobedience".  

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The neatest thing I've learned here is the phrase "Ethically Responsible Civil Disobedience".  

View Quote

Well it's been a long time since I was a young punk juvenile deliquent, and most of it was directed at my parents not the state.

But I think I can still remember how to do "Un-ethical Irresponsible Un-civil Disobedience" instead.  I think most would not find that preferable.

---------------------------------------------------------

All joking aside the reason I specify "Ethically Responsible Civil Disobedience" rather then simply saying "Civil Disobedience" is because way too many people especially on the Statest/Authoritarian bent paint anyone engaging in "Civil Disobedience" as Un-ethical and/or Irresponsible when in actual fact the whole original principle of "Civil Disobedience" is as a non-violent or violence-delayed method of opposing un-ethical edicts in a responsible manner.

So basically you have to actually clarify.  This has been especially the case in how the M.E.D.I.A. (Most Effective Devil In American) has attempted to protray those engaging in "Civil Disobedience" in response to the overreaching authoritarian edicts of state-ists in this whole KungFlu Panicdendum/Plandemic.

Plus of course I tend to use more words rather then less to explain my position, often redundent to explain my positions.  I am not a fan of quick snappy Twitter and Bumper Sticker type communication.  Most things in life are far more complex and newansed with multiple competing interests to be covered by such short snippets.  Plus short snippets are way too easy for others to confuse and twist your words.  Short segments can be lifted from longer works to construe, but they offer the defense of being taken out of context from the original work.  A short Tweet or Bumper Sticker or similar has no such defense if twisted later on.

Thus why even when using a short phrase why I expand it with two additional words to clarify rather then sticking with the original two word phrase.

I also read books, often older longer ones in unabridged.  But, contrary to popular belief I don't write them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
So far so good.  I'm just killing time now before I have to put on the suit and walk my daughter to the man she loves.

No masks, if anyone is wondering.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So far so good.  I'm just killing time now before I have to put on the suit and walk my daughter to the man she loves.

No masks, if anyone is wondering.
View Quote

Congrats Dad.

Enjoy the day!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the information provided.  The trip to Missoula and the wedding went well, though it was all so much smaller than we had hoped and planned.  I think we had 30-40 people at the reception, but it was a blast.  This was my third and last daughter getting married, and it was fun to see everyone kicked back and having fun, whether aged or 4.

Someone had wondered where we held the wedding/reception.  It was at the Orchard Homes Country Life Club, just off Reserve/3rd.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Congratulations!  Good to hear that it went well too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top