Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2021 12:46:12 PM EDT
I haven't bought a gun in years. Until yesterday. Filled out my paperwork, he will hopefully be able to give it to me in 2 weeks. 2 mother fucking weeks.

Here is my question. The state constitution is clear. My right to bear arms shall not be impared. It's also clear that the government derives it's just power from my consent and most important is established to protect and maintain my individual rights.

Nothing in delaying, imparing, my purchase makes anybody any fucking safer.

Last time I bought a gun, I presented my government identification, they called me in and checked me out, once I was good to go, they gave me my firearm, unimpaired. It's a click and a click and they know everything there is to know about me-why aren't we detained for two weeks on a fucking traffic stop? This is total bullshit.  

They have failed to maintain my individual rights. I think I'm going to seek legal advice Monday. Let me guess, they will say I don't have standing.

@NoloContendere
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
With all due respect:  Are you familiar with I-1639?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You are confirming they failed to protect my rights?

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I-1639 is/was an "Initiative of the people of Washington State", thus 60% of your fellow voting citizens failed to protect your rights.

The initiative is being challenged in court, which unfortunately is not a speedy process, however there is progress.  

There is a GoFundMe to help financially support the lawsuit.  I don't want to violate any forum rules regarding fundraisers, so I will leave the link cold:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/b6cyb-1639-legal-defense-fund

The situation sucks, that's for sure.  However, with concerted effort, I-1639 can be reversed, either through a court ruling or a counter-initiative to reverse it.  One of the key determinants of success in the matter will be how engaged Washington gun owners decide to be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly.  1639 is being challenged in court, as it should be.

I'm not talking about that situation. I'm talking about the government, being specifically constitutionally bound to maintaining my individual rights has intentionally failed me.

I'm still thinking my way thru it, that's why I'm started this thread. I'm not sure if their violation simply voids my consent, or of they are then liable. Kinda like the oj second bite- follow up civil suits- idk.

I know my rights have not only not been maintained, they have been reduced. I'm not as free as I used to be, and I think a judge should maybe hear this one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a great illustration of just how stupid our laws have become (not like we don't already know this.....)

Customer buys 2 pistols online, has them sent to me.  We fill out paperwork and send to KingCo Sheriff so they can ferment for two weeks.
Customer buys another pistol online, and it it ships and arrives the same day the customer's other two pistols are approved and ready for pickup.
Customer comes in, fills out paperwork for pistol #3, but still has to wait 2 weeks for KingCo to approve this application AS HE IS PICKING UP THE PREVIOUS 2!  He'll be back in 2 weeks to pick up the 3rd pistol.  Stupid.

How is the community "safer" by making this customer wait another 2 weeks for the 3rd pistol?  I already believe our "enhanced background check" system is actually the total opposite, and that waiting periods are senseless, ineffective infringements. But apparently all it takes in this state is "50% + 1" to suspend constitutionally protected rights.  Which is exactly why our founders didn't create a "democracy" for our system of government, but a limited, constitutional republic.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s not about making the community safer and it never was.  The purpose was simply to make it far more difficult to purchase a firearm...  Hoping that people would forget about it and move on.

Yes, it sucks sweating gorilla balls, but there are far more libtards in WA and this is only the beginning if and when people are asked to vote on gun restrictions laws.

Was for waiting for any court in the State of Washington to change anything that pertains to changing any laws regarding firearms, it’s not going to happen, IMHO, due to the amounts of liberal retards that vote and pay big $$$$$ on “gun control” issues.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is a great illustration of just how stupid our laws have become (not like we don't already know this.....)

Customer buys 2 pistols online, has them sent to me.  We fill out paperwork and send to KingCo Sheriff so they can ferment for two weeks.
Customer buys another pistol online, and it it ships and arrives the same day the customer's other two pistols are approved and ready for pickup.
Customer comes in, fills out paperwork for pistol #3, but still has to wait 2 weeks for KingCo to approve this application AS HE IS PICKING UP THE PREVIOUS 2!  He'll be back in 2 weeks to pick up the 3rd pistol.  Stupid.

How is the community "safer" by making this customer wait another 2 weeks for the 3rd pistol?  I already believe our "enhanced background check" system is actually the total opposite, and that waiting periods are senseless, ineffective infringements. But apparently all it takes in this state is "50% + 1" to suspend constitutionally protected rights.  Which is exactly why our founders didn't create a "democracy" for our system of government, but a limited, constitutional republic.
View Quote

The exemption that should be in every firearms bill/law everywhere is:

When the person can prove possession of a firearm, they are exempt for all of these regulations.

After you possess one firearm, all the reasons for the background checks and waiting periods are null and void.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC the $30 licence tabs failed (the most recent one) in court, partial because, the initiative said that Kelly Blue Book had to be used to figure value of the vehicle.  

Court held that a 3rd party (non Washington State entity) could not be used in a law.  

This is a new twist, besides the multiple topics issue, IF the courts were to hold to this it would mean that doing NICS checks are illegal.  

The state uses many 3rd party entities.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
As I understand it, nics checks are calls to Morgantown, the feds. No outsourcing there
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As I understand it, nics checks are calls to Morgantown, the feds. No outsourcing there
View Quote

Federal Government is Different than State Government; it is worth asking if the Federal NICS database is a Washington State entity.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Imagine you are a woman and had to get a Restraining Order against someone.

Now she will have to wait 2 weeks before she can feel safe.  I wonder if 60% of the voters considered this scenario.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IIRC the $30 licence tabs failed (the most recent one) in court, partial because, the initiative said that Kelly Blue Book had to be used to figure value of the vehicle.  

Court held that a 3rd party (non Washington State entity) could not be used in a law.  

This is a new twist, besides the multiple topics issue, IF the courts were to hold to this it would mean that doing NICS checks are illegal.  

The state uses many 3rd party entities.
View Quote

The courts will tailor their rationale to fit the desired outcome, consistency be damned.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The west side voters and politicians, don't give a fuck, about our constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL at anyone who thinks we still live in a Constitutional culture.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Imagine you are a woman and had to get a Restraining Order against someone.

Now she will have to wait 2 weeks before she can feel safe.  I wonder if 60% of the voters considered this scenario.
View Quote

Let us know how effective that argument is against a culture that thinks it’s better for a woman to calmly accept her rape rather than resist and possibly harm her assailant.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The west side voters and politicians, don't give a fuck, about our constitutional rights.
View Quote

Not all west side voters, if you keep heading west past Seattle things get better.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:28:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not all west side voters, if you keep heading west past Seattle things get better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont worry, he's sure to say "Kali-North" shortly... he's a broken ass record.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what you get for reading anything written by anybody after 2004.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#20]
If the background check is on the owner of the firearm, why does the state need to know the make ,model, and s/n of every firearm you purchase?  I'm sure there's no registration list anywhere!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whew! Just made the cut...
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, now even with a CCW, one also has to wait for two weeks?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's gun registration, not a background check.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The exemption that should be in every firearms bill/law everywhere is:

When the person can prove possession of a firearm, they are exempt for all of these regulations.

After you possess one firearm, all the reasons for the background checks and waiting periods are null and void.
View Quote

This... I like that idea. It just makes sense especially to folks that know about firearms. I can totally see though telling the general voting population that someone could own some "less dangerous" firearm then go and immediately get a "Mass MDK" weapon and go berserk... they wouldn't know the difference and eat it hook, line, and sinker.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s been that way for decades now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It’s been that way for decades now.
View Quote

True and shouldn't surprise anyone, but it doesn't mean it's right though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#27]
The WA Supreme Court has shown they will consistently find the right answer for their political masters.

How many more examples do we need?

$30 car tabs
No death penalty
Drug possession legalized

In 2020, the court was called "arguably the most diverse court, state or federal, in American history"
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Trying to give that 9th circuit a run for their money?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top