Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2022 12:23:39 PM EDT
got a new car, and need the front 2 doors tinted.
trying to find a good place to get them tinted, anywhere along 75 or out to the tollway if necessary.
last car was done by the dealer and had to go back 4 times because they kept leaving bubbles or some holes for lack of a better word in places right in your line of sight when looking through them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Speed Shield in Addison.

Not the cheapest but will do it right the first time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to Tritek. It’s off 75 and Arapaho. They’re fast. I believe I have Llumar ceramic tint. It’s been 3yrs but it was like $115 for the two windows I believe.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the leads.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Tritek.

Used them on all my cars and residential.

Great customer service and any warranty issues.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tritek.

Used them on all my cars and residential.

Great customer service and any warranty issues.
View Quote

same one as above in richardson? because 2 show up in a search. the other is in garland.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

same one as above in richardson? because 2 show up in a search. the other is in garland.
View Quote

Yes RIchardson/Plano.

The garland one is the auto one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny, I just got off the phone with a tint place. We bought a car last year, and it just failed its first inspection because the window tint is too dark

Have any of you dealt with this kind of crap before?

We bought it used (it's a 2019). Maybe it came from a state where the laws are different. Nevertheless, when we called the dealership, the salesman told us that they wouldn't have sold us a car that wouldn't pass inspection.  I'm waiting for the service manager to call me back. I think they should take care of it for us.

It wouldn't break the bank if we had to correct it on our dime, but it would still suck
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Funny, I just got off the phone with a tint place. We bought a car last year, and it just failed its first inspection because the window tint is too dark

We bought it used (it's a 2019). Maybe it came from a state where the laws are different. Nevertheless, when we called the dealership, the salesman told us that they wouldn't have sold us a car that wouldn't pass inspection.  I'm waiting for the service manager to call me back. I think they should take care of it for us.

It wouldn't break the bank if we had to correct it on our dime, but it would still suck
View Quote

Get it inspected at the dealership?  It's only $7 no matter where you go...
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m just curious where you had the inspection done. When I was a VA state inspector only the state police carried the meters to check. Maybe the inspections stations here are required to test? Or just that station?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm just curious where you had the inspection done. When I was a VA state inspector only the state police carried the meters to check. Maybe the inspections stations here are required to test? Or just that station?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just curious where you had the inspection done. When I was a VA state inspector only the state police carried the meters to check. Maybe the inspections stations here are required to test? Or just that station?
https://www.mydriversedge.com/locations/flower-mound-auto-repair/
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’m just curious where you had the inspection done. When I was a VA state inspector only the state police carried the meters to check. Maybe the inspections stations here are required to test? Or just that station?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought tint was something the police could enforce but didn't think it was part of the inspection process (maybe unless its obvious)
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in a major city, gonna have emissions on top of that
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Earmark, if they are still there, in Plano.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the vehicle is registered in a county that doesn't require emissions they don't have to do it but Collin county is definitely one that does

ETA
https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/vehicle-inspection/faq/vehicle-emissions-testing-exemptions
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought tint was something the police could enforce but didn't think it was part of the inspection process (maybe unless its obvious)
View Quote

That was what I thought as well.

Edit: guess I was wrong. Tint is on the list of items to be inspected.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/vi/inspection/inspectioncriteria.aspx
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#17]
We should probably write our reps for next session to remove BS inspection and front license plate requirements....
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes RIchardson/Plano.

View Quote

Thanks.
garland has better reviews, but if the richardson one works, it is an easier drive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.mckinneywindowtint.com/

last 4 cars done there, perfect.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Alta Mere in Dallas

They did my last 4 cars, and my truck window has been busted out and replaced/tinted like 6 or 7 tines in the last 5 years.

Great work
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Alta Mere in Dallas

They did my last 4 cars, and my truck window has been busted out and replaced/tinted like 6 or 7 tines in the last 5 years.

Great work
View Quote

+1 for alta mere. I have their ceramic plus 5% on all my cars and it’s amazing. Crazy low heat transfer
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Alta Mere on Lemmon.  Been there for 20 years does great work.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes RIchardson/Plano.

View Quote

Wasn't the Richardson location previously Tint N Tunes?

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top