Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 11:35:51 PM EDT
I very close friend of mine passed away on 4/21.  Trying to find someone to attend his funeral and perform the appropriate ceremony. He was a 32nd degree but had not been active with a lodge for several years due to a career change. The last several years he had been a long-haul truck driver.  He was originally a member of a lodge in Houston, but had moved to Cypress and I don't believe he had found a lodge in that area.  His funeral is this Thursday (5/6)in Tomball.  I have attempted to contact a couple of lodges in the area, but I have not received any response.  If you can help out or know someone that can, please email or message me.

Thank you.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear your friend has passed.  The quickest way to find the help you need is to contact the Grand Secretary's office in Waco.  Here is a link to the contact us page.
Hopefully this will help.

https://grandlodgeoftexas.org/contactus/
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
My buddy is one. I'll call him when he gets off shift in 30 mins.

Fuck it, I'll call him now then IM you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told the best thing to do is contact the Grand Secretary and he will take care of it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the replies gentlemen.  I will contact the Grand Lodge.  Again, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
To follow-up and for the benefit of anyone else who may find themselves in a similar situation, the Grand Lodge told me to contact the funeral home.  Apparently the funeral home will typically have contacts with the local lodges and make the arrangements with them in the event the deceased as not been active with a local lodge or the deceased's family does not know who to contact.  

Thanks again for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top