Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2021 2:51:37 PM EDT
Anyone know of a source for .30-06 ammo in or near Dallas?  I need to be able to pick up a few boxes ASAP.  Would like to find some specifically rated for Garands, but it doesn't have to be.  

TIA

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
lots of ammo on the local store shelves (e.g. Scheels in The Colony), even .30-06, if you are willing to pay their prices
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Like how much?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like how much?
View Quote
Not sure if you're asking how many rounds I'm looking for or how much I'm willing to pay, or??  I am hoping to grab 8 or 10 boxes or so.  I've been finding a little on-line, but wasn't willing to pay those prices.  I should have just sucked it up and ordered some.  Now I need some for this Saturday and have not been able to find much if any at local stores (Academy, Cabela's, or local gun shops).  What I have found has been 180 grain and pretty hot loaded (not good for a Garand).  At this point, I'll pay the higher prices.

@hrt4me: thanks - I will checkout Scheels at lunch today.  I work not far from there.  I have not been there yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
good luck, I hope your trip to Scheels was successful
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck

I'm feeling good about having 8 spam cans of Greek squirreled away.
If I needed money, the 30-06 would the last that I sold

The 30-06 shortage tells me that even good-ol-boys that only hunt have started to stash a little back...or else somebody has a M1919 and really deep pockets.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
good luck, I hope your trip to Scheels was successful
View Quote
I didn't make it over there, got busy at work. I swung by the Academy near my house and, to my surprise, they had some Norma "Whitetail" 150 grain on the shelf.  The specs are reasonably close to M2 ball ammo so I grabbed my 4-box ration and heaed home.  

My son and I went to the range this morning and shot the Norma and some PPU "Garand" ammo we had already.  The Norma worked fine.  We mixed a couple of clips with Norma and the PPU "Garand" ammo to see if we could tell the difference and I couldn't really tell a difference in recoil or ejection but the the Norma seemed to be cleaner and didn't produce as much smoke at the muzzle.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good luck

I'm feeling good about having 8 spam cans of Greek squirreled away.
If I needed money, the 30-06 would the last that I sold

The 30-06 shortage tells me that even good-ol-boys that only hunt have started to stash a little back...or else somebody has a M1919 and really deep pockets.
View Quote
Probably both - hunters stashing their favorite round and a few folks with deep pockets stashing to feed their 1919 Brownings.  Realistically, I'm sure part of the .30-06 shortage is because the manufacturers are busy cranking out more popular rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top