Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 4:51:13 PM EDT
who all has had work done by jojos? did they do good work? how about cerakoteing did you have them do it and was it a happy finish? just wondering called twice and put on hold and never answered  heard they were good have two .45 want work done and want a quality job done
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They do good work, but it won't be quick.  Their motto has been "it's on the bench" for years...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Centermass is right. good work but if u want it in 2020 look around. I had delta arsenal do some cerakote and came out nice would go back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They do good work, but it won't be quick.  Their motto has been "it's on the bench" for years...
View Quote
Madpig does the cerakote work at Delta. Nice guy
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Also...JoJo's doesn't do the Cerakoting in house (at least not back when I had mine done), so if that's all you need, you don't need the middleman.  If you're having them do other work at the same time, then you might decide to wait.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used Jo-Jo's for a number of relatively small gunsmithing projects (engraving, parts replacement, recoil pad fitting- i.e. shaping a recoil pad to fit a shotgun stock, etc...) and have always gotten really quick service at a good price.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Jojos does great work, time leeway depends on the job. Yes they send their cerakote out but is very quick turnaround.

I don't let anyone else work on my guns.....

What are you wanting done?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
If I can’t do it myself I take to it JoJos.

My experience with turnaround time is they under promise and over achieve. Every time I’ve dropped something off I got the, “I don’t know when we’ll get to it, we’re backed up and it could be months”. But every time I’ve gotten a call within the month and usually within a couple weeks to say it’s done and to come pick it up.

I’ve always felt pricing was fair as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't speak to their current timing for delivery on work, but they are busy because they do great work and people drive from all over the state to go there.  I've had them do a lot of work for me in the past and was always pleased with the results.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jojos does great work, time leeway depends on the job. Yes they send their cerakote out but is very quick turnaround.

I don't let anyone else work on my guns.....

What are you wanting done?
View Quote
Same. I had a barrel threaded same day by them once
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are considering JoJo's for Cerakote, skip the middle man and go directly to Liberty Coatings in Berlin.  Giovanni does great work and good turn around.

https://www.libertycoatings.com/firearm-coatings/
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are considering JoJo's for Cerakote, skip the middle man and go directly to Liberty Coatings in Berlin.  Giovanni does great work and good turn around.

https://www.libertycoatings.com/firearm-coatings/
View Quote
Honestly depends on what you are having cerakoted.... lots of things like a 1911, ar15 parts ect require some fitting sometimes.  Not everything is spray and play.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've used Jo-Jo's for a number of relatively small gunsmithing projects (engraving, parts replacement, recoil pad fitting- i.e. shaping a recoil pad to fit a shotgun stock, etc...) and have always gotten really quick service at a good price.
View Quote
This +1
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
They did a custom build on a mil spec frame for me and it came out great. They did fine work and made a reliable pistol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Used them twice. They pinned and welded a muzzle brake and pinned a stock while I waited because I drove over an hour to get there. Also had them go over an Officer Model 1911 that was failing to extract/eject. And clean up the idiot scratch the previous owner had made. Very satisfied with their work and would not hesitate to use them again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Used them twice. They pinned and welded a muzzle brake and pinned a stock while I waited because I drove over an hour to get there. Also had them go over an Officer Model 1911 that was failing to extract/eject. And clean up the idiot scratch the previous owner had made. Very satisfied with their work and would not hesitate to use them again.
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#16]
they have their facebook page up and running finally.......
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to the store. Talk to them.  Phone calls probably won’t get much interest out of them unfortunately.

By far the best place in Connecticut, maybe even this side of the country to have yoyr 1911 worked on.

Cerakote im pretty sure it’s subbed out to a local shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top