Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 4:27:44 PM EDT
USAA ins. for last 9-10 years; have sheriffs report. Stolen from truck
parked on my property (in front of house)

i know i can't replace it with what i get, but some money out of this
would be better than nothing.

just don't know how it will affect rates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your deductible?

Also the value is most likely higher then 350 now.   You would have to see if your policy is replacement value.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
shit, forgot about that darned deductible,,,oh well, call it the stupid tax
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
NRA member and at what level?  Not sure if TSRA covers it but you have some insurance from the NRA.  Filing on your insurance and with them might make it worth your while.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
......and in some states in the US, you'd also be charged with a felony crime for having your gun stolen out of your car.  Your property, or not.

Our nation is under attack from within.  Make the victim the criminal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Automobile insurance does not cover items stolen from a vehicle.  You would have to file a claim with your renter's or homeowner's insurance which typically does cover theft of items from a vehicle.  I doubt you would even meet the deductible to make a claim.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Automobile insurance does not cover items stolen from a vehicle.  You would have to file a claim with your renter's or homeowner's insurance which typically does cover theft of items from a vehicle.  I doubt you would even meet the deductible to make a claim.
View Quote

This.   Typical deductible is 1% of home value.  You might want to call your AGENT on Monday (Not the 800 #) and ask him / her to review your policy and see if you have coverage.

Worst of both worlds is to call it to the Insurers Claim Center & then NOT get paid due to difference between deductible Vs. value.

Call your AGENT and talk with them on Monday when the Reopen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
And remember most renters and homeowners policies will NOT cover your $2000 model 29 44mag.

Default I believe off hand is $1500 for firearms total.  You will have to buy additional coverage past that.

If you have  5 guns stolen from your house OR car and you only have minimums, you only get the $1500 or whatever minimum coverage.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And remember most renters and homeowners policies will NOT cover your $2000 model 29 44mag.

Default I believe off hand is $1500 for firearms total.  You will have to buy additional coverage past that.

If you have  5 guns stolen from your house OR car and you only have minimums, you only get the $1500 or whatever minimum coverage.
View Quote

This.  You need to adjust  your Property Policy with Schedule extra $$$ value for extra firearms (at extra cost).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You also have insurance through the NRA depending on your level.  It paid $300 over your insurance back in the 80s and I'm sure it's more now.  There is a form to fill out and they will need a copy of the police report.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe  yes maybe no.  Some insurance companies have better policies then others and some policies with the same company are better then others.  All insurance policies are different. This is why you never shop for a policy on price alone.   Best thing to do is ask your agent if you have one or review the actual policy that was mailed to you when you signed up for it .  There is really no such thing as “in general” or “off hand” when it comes to things like this or any other thing you have a policy on.

For me I insure my firearms with a separate company from all my other property because it was the most economical way of getting the type of policy I wanted with the customer service I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe  yes maybe no.  Some insurance companies have better policies then others and some policies with the same company are better then others.  All insurance policies are different. This is why you never shop for a policy on price alone.   Best thing to do is ask your agent if you have one or review the actual policy that was mailed to you when you signed up for it .  There is really no such thing as “in general” or “off hand” when it comes to things like this or any other thing you have a policy on.
View Quote

Yep.

I know USAA isn't the cheapest, and it's not available to everyone, but I really like that I don't have to deal with scummy insurance salesmen and I can just log onto the website, and click through a bunch of dropdown menus to craft the policy that is exactly right for me.

I don't have to deal with some salesman trying to convince me to under-insure my house and other property [and if you don't have your house insured for a significant percentage (20%?  15%?  25%?) over what it's appraised, you ARE under-insured, like most of American homeowners].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top