Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2021 7:34:49 PM EDT
I went out here about a month ago to shoot, as there's good spots a couple miles west off Hwy 73 (past the normal "no shooting" signs, of course), but sheriff had it closed down and blocked. I presumed it was because of fire hazards, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone know if it's still closed? Im in northern Utah County and would prefer to not drive 50min out there to find out. Pic for reference.

If it's closed, anyone know of other spots out that ways to shoot? Seems like everything is closed these days.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been out there in several months.  It was open then.  I was thinking about going out this week for some long range stuff.   I'm guessing we go to the same area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you ever go out there? I'm new to the area, but live pretty close to this area. I'm wondering if it's an option to go shoot there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll have to go a little further out.  Five Mile is a big ORV recreation area, totally shut off from shooting for a few miles in each direction.  There are places not far to shoot, but the area gets really busy with RVs and ORVs all over.  Lots of trails and such.  During some weekends, there might be hundreds (or more) of off-roaders.

There should be plenty of ground if you go a few miles in any direction, but Five Mile isn't a good spot for shooting.  There is a lot of private land out there too though.

https://www.blm.gov/visit/fivemile-pass-recreation-area
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top