Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2021 12:50:25 AM EDT
Brazilian style steak house.  Has small buffet for sides, then roaming servers w/ meats of all types come by and give you a slice or three, you flip a token on the table to say "yes, come by" or "nope, full..."

The meats were excellent, though unlike the other similar places I've been there was no wild game or "exotic" meats.  The salad bar wasn't bad but not great, and they had some smoked salmon on it that was fantastic according to my mom.  Didn't mess with sides other than a salad that I made mostly of roast eggplant and squashes since I don't get that often at home, and some fried yuca.  The yuca was OK but not great, and it was cold, it really needs to be served piping hot from the fryer and a tad crunchy.  Also had no sauce for it, we usually make ours as a mix of mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, and various extra spices - more garlic, chili powder, etc

Close to $50/person with tip and drinking tea or soda, no beer or liquor.  Kinda worth it for once in a great while, but it paled in comparison to similar places in DC and Boston I've been to that had similar pricing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a nice place to check out. I can't eat anywhere near the amount I used to though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Brazilian style steak house.  Has small buffet for sides, then roaming servers w/ meats of all types come by and give you a slice or three, you flip a token on the table to say "yes, come by" or "nope, full..."

The meats were excellent, though unlike the other similar places I've been there was no wild game or "exotic" meats.  The salad bar wasn't bad but not great, and they had some smoked salmon on it that was fantastic according to my mom.  Didn't mess with sides other than a salad that I made mostly of roast eggplant and squashes since I don't get that often at home, and some fried yuca.  The yuca was OK but not great, and it was cold, it really needs to be served piping hot from the fryer and a tad crunchy.  Also had no sauce for it, we usually make ours as a mix of mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, and various extra spices - more garlic, chili powder, etc

Close to $50/person with tip and drinking tea or soda, no beer or liquor.  Kinda worth it for once in a great while, but it paled in comparison to similar places in DC and Boston I've been to that had similar pricing.
View Quote

This sounds like Texas de Brazil. I usually just tell them to keep the table token.... Just assume it's green and keep bringing the flank steak. Whatever isn't eaten can be packed for later lol
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a nice place to check out. I can't eat anywhere near the amount I used to though.
View Quote

That is the thing. Unless you go hog wild and pig out on the sides, it is really 2-3 oz of whatever each time the servers hit your plate.  It is the variety though that I really enjoy, even though this place was marginal I had 5 cuts of beef to try, lamb chops, chicken 2 styles, pork loin two styles, and sausages.  The places I went to in DC had all of that plus more types of lamb, more cuts of beef, and the one in DC added venison, elk, moose, bison, and occasionally some of the African game species to the list.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Good place for what it is. Nothing else like it in the area until you get to Jacksonville or Orlando. We’ve been three times now I think
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
We really like it as well, the roasted pineapple is freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
We go there as often as possible, and yes the Pineapple is amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top