Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2020 1:55:19 AM EDT
My son finished his Course, and now the new virtual field day.

does the hunter's safety card get automatically mailed and updated in the wdfd system? I took my class in CA over 20 years ago so it was different.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Virtual field day? Now you don’t even have to show up to demonstrate knowledge and safety?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Virtual field day? Now you don’t even have to show up to demonstrate knowledge and safety?
View Quote

I think it's a direct response to the COVID-19 shit going on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw the post on FB that its all online and only $20 right now.  If you have kids or spouses that need it now is the time to get it done, its usually hard to find classes in my area.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck yeah, going to get this done.

Been avoiding it because I don't want to be in a class with a bunch of kids
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck yeah, going to get this done.

Been avoiding it because I don't want to be in a class with a bunch of kids
View Quote

When I did mine thats exactly what it was.  I was about a year home from Iraq (didnt know there was a mil exemption) and I was the oldest in the class by atleast 20 years.  

The only question I missed on the final was "Why are you taking hunters education?"  I guess "Because I was born after 01/01/1972" wasnt what they were looking for.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link to online options for the lazy: https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/requirements/education/basic
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#7]
glad to be of service.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
This is awesome. I need to carve out some time to do this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone done everything online yet and can cite how much time it consumed?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone done everything online yet and can cite how much time it consumed?

Thanks!
View Quote
It probably took me about 10 hours total, including the virtual field day. You have to go through every section and every quiz. There are timers to prevent you from just clicking through to the final exam. It's tedious, but not as tedious as sitting in a classroom for a weekend.

Dare I say it, I actually learned a few things, as I know plenty about firearms, but very little about hunting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It probably took me about 10 hours total, including the virtual field day. You have to go through every section and every quiz. There are timers to prevent you from just clicking through to the final exam. It's tedious, but not as tedious as sitting in a classroom for a weekend.

Dare I say it, I actually learned a few things, as I know plenty about firearms, but very little about hunting.
View Quote

It's a bit of a slog, but it is nice that you can save progress and resume later.

Maybe I can go on my first hunt this fall!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top