Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2019 12:13:19 PM EDT
I'm heading down to Portland next weekend for blade show west at the Oregon convention center.

I was wondering if anyone has any helpful info about parking and the like.

We'll be down on Saturday only.  We haven't been in Portland since well before all of the antifa shenanigans started and the only weirdos you'd see were the Jesus people telling you that you were going to hell and homeless people playing instruments with signs asking for money. (we used to really enjoy the market by the river but decided not to go after stuff started getting crazy)

If there's a better parking situation somewhere else to park/Uber to the convention center, I'm open to that option too.

Is anyone else going?  It'd be cool to meet up with some arfcommers while down there.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Parking in Portland sucks but last year we just parked at the Convention Center. There is some cheaper parking in the area but then you have to hoof it there and back and really those options don’t inspire any confidence as far as security in the lot or on the walk.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
@DFARM

Not familiar with this knife show.

I’ve been to machine tool show in Portland several times and never had parking issues.  2-3 blocks away or so.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
@DFARM

I would look for parking around the Lloyd Center shopping center. Still only a 10 minute walk to the convention center. I've been parking around there for years. Look near Wendy's McD'd etc. See red stars below.

There will be a few bums around but I never see an issue. No valuables visible in car.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.

If parking is available at the convention center, I think that'll be my first choice.

I'll check out the other places as backups.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@DFARM

Not familiar with this knife show.

I’ve been to machine tool show in Portland several times and never had parking issues.  2-3 blocks away or so.
View Quote
here is the website for the show
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top