Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/23/2021 2:26:54 PM EDT
I am in the southern metro--can anyone help me out and tell me how to ship ammo?  Where to go, how to package?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2021 7:05:12 PM EDT by erud]
I don’t think anything has changed other than the label requirement.  I believe you now need the “Limited Quantity” placard instead of the “ORM-D” label now.  Download some of those and tape them on the package.  Create a UPS ground label and drop it off at the hub on Oppermann drive in Eagan, or with any UPS driver you happen to see.  Or pay $15 or so to schedule a driver pickup from your house.  Look at the UPS website to confirm that’s still correct.  

UPS shipping ammo

FedEx should be similar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:26:59 AM EDT
Remember that Gorillas work for FEDEX and UPS. Pack it in good sturdy boxes and make sure it can not shift in the box.
[
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:19:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2021 8:21:39 AM EDT by ChickenDaddy]
Easiest:  UPS simple rate using an incognito window.  Draw the 4” diamond with blacked out points and pay $15 for a pickup your house.  You can ship multiple packages on one pickup, with only the one fee, so I bundle all my shipments when possible.

I almost exclusively ship on free USPS priority boxes, the medium and large flat rectangular work almost perfect for ammo boxes when shortened.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:10:30 PM EDT
I use UPS and do a drop off at a Hub, saves the few bucks on a pickup.  As for using the "free" USPS boxes, you're not supposed to use those unless for USPS per their rules, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:09:03 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
I use UPS and do a drop off at a Hub, saves the few bucks on a pickup.  As for using the "free" USPS boxes, you're not supposed to use those unless for USPS per their rules, but to each his own.
View Quote

I think the USPS boxes have a disclaimer on them too...but I still use them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:44:03 AM EDT
Well apparently the OP got it all figured out, since he hasn't been back to the thread in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:49:08 PM EDT
I read everyone's reply and I appreciate it the info!!!!

Got the run around at the various ups and even fed ex spots...did the home pick up thing and it worked!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:25:14 AM EDT
Just shipped from UPS today. They were super nice and it was a breeze.
Top Top