Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2021 1:20:11 PM EST
https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/fairfax-board-asks-northam-to-waive-witness-requirement-for-absentee-ballots/article_b84ee54a-2763-11ec-a19c-e7c27f4e8ad7.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors is asking Gov. Ralph Northam to waive the witness signature requirement for absentee ballots cast by mail in this fall's election.

The board voted 9-1 for the proposal by Chair Jeffrey McKay to send a letter to Northam, with Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity, the board's only Republican, casting the only vote against the motion.

McKay said that waiving the witness signature requirement  as was done during the 2020 election  is necessary due to the continued threat of COVID-19. He said several Fairfax residents had shared concerns with him about obtaining witness signatures  arguing they could be exposed to COVID-19 in the process.

"No one should have their ballot rejected because they're unwilling to risk their health and safety to vote," McKay said during the meeting. "We want to be a county that promotes voter participation and doesn't punish people."
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 1:29:35 PM EST
[#1]
Yep. The Dem machine has to be in a panic with Fast Terry 2.0 not walking away with this one in the polls.
I'm sure Coonman will agree to it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:29:54 PM EST
[#2]
And there you have it…

Fast terry in a landslide, courtesy of Fairfax County.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 5:31:10 PM EST
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KennyW1983:
And there you have it…

Fast terry in a landslide, courtesy of Fairfax County.
View Quote

Did you expect any different?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:03:07 AM EST
[#4]
Originally Posted By fsj_man:

Did you expect any different?
View Quote

I was starting to allow myself the tiniest little bit of hope.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:14:25 PM EST
[#5]
People are so fearful of Covid still they can't have human contact with another to witness a ballot signature?

Oh wait, election fraud
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 1:25:41 PM EST
[#6]
That is some crooked shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 3:58:31 PM EST
[#7]
Originally Posted By Blu3Ridge:
People are so fearful of Covid still they can't have human contact with another to witness a ballot signature?

Oh wait, election fraud
View Quote

I guarantee you folks will still have human contact to register people to vote...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top