Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2021 7:07:14 AM EDT
Found this Sig for a good price in Orlando.

Searching for price and found this.

These aren't stock photos and the phone numbers differ. One Texas and one NY.

Spider senses are tingling.

Scam or no scam?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pass
View Quote

Buts its a really good price.

I have been watching the video in your avatar for 30 minutes now and the guy never runs out of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask for "proof of life" photo (photo of gun lying on todays (USA Today) newspaper with visible date) and see what comes back!  
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
90% scams. If you see shipping 99.99% scam
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Found this Sig for a good price in Orlando.

Searching for price and found this.

These aren't stock photos and the phone numbers differ. One Texas and one NY.

Spider senses are tingling.

Scam or no scam?
View Quote

It's about 50/50

There are deals out there but it takes time to shift through the BS
Luckily most of the scams are pretty weak.
$500 SCARs and $250 Glock 19s make it easy to spot the scanmers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the Florida gun trader ad was posted in Nigeria according to the ip address locator thing in the ad.  Anyway, good luck with your purchase
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
^This^
Tap the red retical looking thing to the right of the location in the ad and it will show the IP address of the poster.
It shows it’s from Nigeria.

A relatively new join date and too good to be true prices are a hint as well.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
If your Spidey Senses are tingling then stick with your gut.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I should have asked to what location the check should be mailed to see what address they give.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I always ask for more pictures with a different background and a post-it note with that day's date. Weeds them out every time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#11]
FGT was a great local resource until some trolls and anti-gun folks starting posting attacks against other members and messaging members through their message system with profanity. The ArmsList scammer eventually found their home at this site and now post relentlessly. The website owner doesn't bother with policing and removing these types of ads.

I still use the resource but only elect to reach out to members that have been registered members for some time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#12]
you ask where you can drive to to pick up , florida gun trader like all the guntrader sights is intended for face to face transactions anything else is fraud of illegal
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#13]
A few things I check-1) what is their sign up date, 2) you can hit the RED Target thing in their Name area and it will say where it originated, 3) If there are many postings with the same thing at different locations-fake/scam,4) no phone number in Fl-fake. There are a few "dealers" on there but most are fake. Like others have said, if you cannot get a ftf deal,(and even then, some people will just screw with you saying they will meet you only to have known all along they never really had the item or even intention of meeting you). I figure if I can't meet someone local to me, no matter the deal, it is not worth my time or effort. It stinks it has to be that way but these days, anything can and will happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The thing I find just as annoying as the scans are the "ghosts."

You engage in a conversation and make an offer and you go back and forth, and instead of saying "thanks but I'll pass" they just stop communicating.

That just plain pisses me off. If my offer isn't good enough or you got a better one just freaking say so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top