Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:41:21 PM EDT
I'm woefully ignorant on how to help those injured or hurt.

What are the hive's recommendations to become adequate to take care of little stuff and stabilize big stuff until the pros can take over?

Where can one learn?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Start with the Red Cross:  Red Cross Find a Class  Their site will help find basic first aid/CPR/AED course near you.  If you want more advanced you can sign up for the EMT-Basic course.  Mizzou EMT-B

For TCCC - We have been trying to get Mid West Tactical in Warrensburg to schedule another one of these: Tactical Emergency Medicine Provider Course   If there is enough interest I am sure they can get it on the calender.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I took mine through my local ambulance district. Might want to start there or check at the local firehouse.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am signed up for the gunshot wound first responder 3-hour course through Jim Shannonhan at advanced performance shooting in St. Roberts. December 12. Have no idea if it will be worthwhile. It is sponsored by Law Shield ccw insurance which is not my particular choice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a civilian trauma class here in KC metro

Course link
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I spent over a grand on the EMT B course and never followed through with it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top