Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2021 10:12:52 PM EDT
No one in Gov can give me a definitive answer , can you carry at the fairgrounds...Im going to the Alan Jackson benefit concert and really want to carry
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:41:51 PM EDT
If there are no metal detectors, you should be good. It isn't on the list of explicitly prohibited places.

I carry every time I go to the Gwinnett County fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:47:48 AM EDT
Ga. Carry took Coweta to court and smacked them down in a court case about carrying a weapon in parks.  Coweta wanted to make their own rules. Call the county attorney he should be able to answer that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:47:48 AM EDT
No one knows.. the DA, county attorney, the county sheriff... even the fairgrounds cant tell me... I have to email Alan Jackson! your kidding right?
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 4:02:51 PM EDT
Ask if there are going to be metal detectors. My guess is they will, so you'll have to carry your 3d printed gun and bullets.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:17:53 AM EDT
well I CARRIED! No metal detectors, no searches , nothing... Glock 36  NO PROBLEM!!! And a great show! We got upgraded to PIT!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:10:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:15:59 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Ga. Carry took Coweta to court and smacked them down in a court case about carrying a weapon in parks.  Coweta wanted to make their own rules. Call the county attorney he should be able to answer that.
View Quote

I was a named plaintiff in that case.  We actually lost in the trial court, which was in hindsight the best thing that could have happened, as the Court of Appeals published a terse decision that basically boiled down to "Go read the preemption statute."  

GeorgiaCarry.Org was then able to use this published case law in all 159 counties and all of the cities in Georgia.

One day Democrats are going to be in the majority here in Georgia, and preemption is high on their priority list for dismantling.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:37:59 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:

I was a named plaintiff in that case.  We actually lost in the trial court, which was in hindsight the best thing that could have happened, as the Court of Appeals published a terse decision that basically boiled down to "Go read the preemption statute."  

GeorgiaCarry.Org was then able to use this published case law in all 159 counties and all of the cities in Georgia.

One day Democrats are going to be in the majority here in Georgia, and preemption is high on their priority list for dismantling.
View Quote

I hate to hear that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top