Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2020 4:41:00 AM EDT
hi

I would like to add a CQB stock to my m1a, these are 'collapsable' but my understanding is that they just need to be pinned to be legal in MA?

I can pin it at any length of pull correct?  it does not need to be pinned fully extended?

any other info would be greatly appreciated for the legality and nuisances of Massachusetts

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as the overall length is 26” or more you can pin it anywhere you want.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Steve.  Just asking for a friend.  

My friend has another question, what are the requirements for a c-stock semi auto shotgun?  26" length+, pistol grip, fixed collapsable stock, 5 in the tube max?

He says thank you for the other question.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Steve.  Just asking for a friend.  

My friend has another question, what are the requirements for a c-stock semi auto shotgun?  26" length+, pistol grip, fixed collapsable stock, 5 in the tube max?

He says thank you for the other question.
View Quote

I’m not sure what you mean by a “c-stock” but here is the AWB for shotguns. With your description above it looks like your good to go. You could also get rid of one feature and replace it with another. If the gun is preban (1994) or earlier than this doesn’t apply and you can have as many features as you want.

Shotguns:
(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

NOTE: Given (D) this means that break open, pump, bolt action shotguns are exempt from the AWB.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Steve, a few clarifying questions

The Benelli in question is the 11707 (came w M16 style pistol grip non collapsable, notched buffer tube)

The questions from my friend are the following:
- if a collapsible stock from benelli (same one as the M1014 w un notched buffer tube) is installed on a 11707 and the stock is pinned in a config to ensure the overall length of the gun is greater than 26" is this ok, or are 922r parts needed?  this would in theory be in the same config as the M1014 since it would still only by 5+1 capacity, pistol grip, fixed stock (pinned)?

thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top