Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2018 11:58:47 PM EDT
Broke down and ordered 4 AR build kits from PSA now I need lowers. Do I just order them to be sent to the fun store? or do I go to the fun store and have them order the lowers?
I'll be using Kieth's (NW PAWN & COLLECTOR ARMS) for the transfer and PSA's website says they already have their FFL info on file.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, order from PSA, have sent to FFL. I usually give my FFL a heads up that a order is inbound.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Drove by there today but the parking lot was empty. think they may be closed for the holiday. I'll swing by in the morning and check again.
Is PSA the best deal on stripped lowers these days?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I like AERO lowers, but every PSA lower i have been around has been in spec and works. Do not forget to factor in transfer fees, and sales tax. Some FFLs will charge a transfer PER lower if you have them shipped in, just a FYI
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I would look for a shop that has them in stock right now. Not sure about Spokane but there is a place over here north of Seattle that has 80 Anderson lowers in stock for $49.99
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Small gunshop intersection of freya an mission next to.motorcycle garage. Has lowers in stock..Spokane gun show Dec 1,2nd.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small gunshop intersection of freya an mission next to.motorcycle garage. Has lowers in stock..Spokane gun show Dec 1,2nd.
View Quote
Protection First?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good low cost lowers?
PSA is $40 plus tax shipping and transfer.
I'll go check that place out. Thanks.
Last gun show I went to was disappointing to say the least. What the hell happened to Lewis and Clark traders?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good low cost lowers?
PSA is $40 plus tax shipping and transfer.
I'll go check that place out. Thanks.
Last gun show I went to was disappointing to say the least. What the hell happened to Lewis and Clark traders?
View Quote
he had Anderson's for $60.00 last week, so not super cheap..he had aero an spikes for $100.00..check shooters on freya  as well they usually have Some as well...or wait till the 1-2Dec gun show at Spokane fair grounds.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Protection First?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Protection First?
That sounds right to me. I picked up a lower there yesterday!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

he had Anderson's for $60.00 last week, so not super cheap..he had aero an spikes for $100.00..check shooters on freya  as well they usually have Some as well...or wait till the 1-2Dec gun show at Spokane fair grounds.
View Quote
You can order through Cabela's and pick them up at the store with no transfer fee's, I think last time I looked they had them for $49 each and quite often I see them hanging on the shelf in the store in the blister cards.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can order through Cabela's and pick them up at the store with no transfer fee's, I think last time I looked they had them for $49 each and quite often I see them hanging on the shelf in the store in the blister cards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The closest Cabelas to Spokane is in ID, and you can't buy lowers across state lines
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The closest Cabelas to Spokane is in ID, and you can't buy lowers across state lines
View Quote
Okay, I didn't know that Eastern WA does not have a Cabela's.  I don't shop in Eastern WA when there, I just drive like a bat out of hell to get through the country.  Once you go through Spokane, there ain't a whole lot of anything out there.  If I want or Need Lowers, I just order them from one of my distributors and they are delivered directly to me as I hold an FFL.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
??? Since when
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
??? Since when
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??? Since when
... since always

only rifles and shotguns can be purchased out of state
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

... since always

View Quote
Yup a lower is an "Other" can't cash and carry them because of that designation when you are out of state, just like a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:06:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
??? Since when
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Plenty of lowers available at the show today...
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Yup. Found some Andersons for $55
But what the hell happened to Spokane gun shows? Why so small?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:47:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yup. Found some Andersons for $55
But what the hell happened to Spokane gun shows? Why so small?
View Quote
online stores are killing them..cheaper for me to order a PSA upper for 219.00 than pay a vendor at the show 255.00 for the same exact thing....I go now mostly for odd parts, sometimes I score a decent gun at a good price....
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
... since always

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
??? Since when
... since always

There was a change to the 4473 late 2008 as I recall that cleaned up the "receivers" issues. Before that version of the form receivers left the FFL as "rifle" or "handgun" as far as the 4473 was considered. The rules for each were assumed to be applied. As you can see that kinda left a grey area for guys still building handguns from virgin receivers. Since out of state buyers could buy "rifles" they were regularly buying stripped lowers and so were people under the age of 21. Once the ATF added the "receivers" designation to the 4473 then the out of state buyers were up a creek and nobody under 21 could buy a receiver to get in line with their own federal laws. This also rectified the grey area on building a rifle or handgun out of your lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top