Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 12:05:01 AM EDT
when assembling an other do k\I need to notify atf or pay excise hax? Wouldnt I have had to do that when transferring the lower? O?r does this only aply to manufacturers and gunsmiths?

I am a bit confused.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
No. You have the stripped lower, you build it as an other. Excise tax was baked into the price when you bought the lower.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Taxation is theft. That's your answer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to find min max barrel lengths for an other.

The only thing I can find online is netween 12 and 18 but it also says thats for a combination rifle shotgun.

Can someone tell me the min max?

Everyone I talk to says they think 12.5 but a reddit user says its 12 with no max restriction.

Thnx for the help.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Minimum is for sure 12". Don't know or care on maximum because I have no interest in a) others or b) a barrel over 14.5" on an 'other'.

12.5" is the most common commercially available barrel for the AR platform which is why that seems to be recommended (and honestly who has time to cut a 12.1" barrel?).
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
State law: it's a pistol if barrel is less than 12". Seeing that 12" is not less than 12", a 12" barrel is exempt from pistol status (CT wise).
There is NO max length

87 other threads already cover this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
State law: it's a pistol if barrel is less than 12". Seeing that 12" is not less than 12", a 12" barrel is exempt from pistol status (CT wise).
There is NO max length

87 other threads already cover this.
View Quote

show me those 87 threads I dont believe you and need to verify.

Individual links and qoute the valid text.

I expect it before 5pm...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
show me those 87 threads I dont believe you and need to verify.
Individual links and qoute the valid text.
I expect it before 5pm...
View Quote

Pass
I haven't put that much work in, all week, and it's 3pm on a Friday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top