Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2022 1:25:56 PM EDT
???
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, if I could ever find a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Another one here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
apparently there is a range on the NE side...any word on this? for such a conservative area I find it hard to believe there there are few/none IDPA/USPSA/3 gun events

thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
This may sound odd, but in spite of the numbers of gun people in this area, I doubt many have any interest in competitions.  Most I know like to hunt.  There's deer in season, birds in season, and then an abundance of pig and coyote hunting year around.

I think the range you speak of is The Abilene Gun Club.  I don't know any particulars about it.  A good many people who shoot a lot in the area have developed connections for locations on private property for rifle shooting and even some pistol shooting.  A lot of folks use the Abilene Indoor Range and the one in Anson for short range needs.  There is/was a long range rifle range toward Winters or near that if I recall.  Check on the local website, "Abilene Area Guns", to check on that long range location.

Personally I have places on private property where I mainly do long range target shooting, and there are places where I coyote call and pig hunt...but they are not places I have control of or can share.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot around Graham and Breckenridge for USPSA.  TacPro near Stephenville for their own 3-gun match.
There was a rifle place up by Wichita Falls, was that Three Mils Right or some name like that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be able to shoot further when I clear the brush. For now, the 300 yards will have to do.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
apparently there is a range on the NE side...any word on this? for such a conservative area I find it hard to believe there there are few/none IDPA/USPSA/3 gun events

thoughts?
View Quote

http://www.abilenegunclub.com/

The Abilene Gun Club host a variety of monthly competition shoots.

CMP Civilian Marksmanship Program Vintage Bolt Action and M1 Garand

NRA High Power

Bullseye Pistol

Lever Action Silhouette

.22 Sporter Rifle

National Rifle League .22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top