Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 2:31:05 PM EDT
Sigh, what'd I miss?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
@czechsix supposedly banned for arocking.  Although to my (limited) knowledge, the things posted were previously posted on arf by the "victim," so I have no idea how that qualifies as arocking.  Hopefully staff will change it, but who knows.  

I'm leaving the commentary there, because I'll get a whole lot more colorful about it and probably get myself banned otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Secondhand, I heard he told the truth about GraniteClimber.

Who conveniently no longer exists on ARF. As GraniteClimber.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Well...hell.

Thanks for the update folks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
He had a vendetta against GraniteClimber for whatever reason. I'm guessing it's related to that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a guess, but it might have something to do with the morals and ethics involved with GraniteClimber and his girlfriend neckbearding about 100,000 rounds of .22LR when Cabelas opened, and boasting about how they did it on the Internet. Or similar actions at Walmart.

Is that a vendetta? Is it a vendetta if GraniteClimber no longer exists on ARF?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup. There is no user name graniteclimber on this site. Might want to try 5 or 6 other names though, it’s hard to keep them straight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just a guess, but it might have something to do with the morals and ethics involved with GraniteClimber and his girlfriend neckbearding about 100,000 rounds of .22LR when Cabelas opened, and boasting about how they did it on the Internet. Or similar actions at Walmart.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Didn't all the .22 LR hoarding happen during the Obama Administration? If Zac was still sore about that years later, yeah that's a vendetta:

vendetta[ ven-det-uh ]
noun
1 a private feud in which the members of the family of a murdered person seek to avenge the murder by killing the slayer or one of the slayer's relatives, especially such vengeance as once practiced in Corsica and parts of Italy.

2 any prolonged and bitter feud, rivalry, contention, or the like:

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Ethics and morals are timeless.

GraniteClimber showed his very clearly. That’s not a vendetta; that is what he did, how he did it, and then was proud enough to tell the world.

I can pull out the PDFs I made of the thread if you’d like, but it will take a while as I think it’s in the old laptop.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Pointing out that someone lacks morals or ethics isn’t a vendetta. It’s warning others about said person.  There’s a bunch of stuff that has happened off site that I could reference to this, but I’d probably get banned as well.

I’d take Zac over usernamechangedmultipletimes any day of the week.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pointing out that someone lacks morals or ethics isn't a vendetta. It's warning others about said person.  There's a bunch of stuff that has happened off site that I could reference to this, but I'd probably get banned as well.

I'd take Zac over usernamechangedmultipletimes any day of the week.
View Quote
Ok, well clearly there's more going on than I know about. Getting around buy limits from retailers during a shortage doesn't really strike me as such a horrible transgression to carry a grudge over for years. That's what I thought this beef was about.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:48:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By raven:
Ok, well clearly there's more going on than I know about. Getting around buy limits from retailers during a shortage doesn't really strike me as such a horrible transgression to carry a grudge over for years. That's what I thought this beef was about.
View Quote

There is a whole lot going on locally.  Unfortunately, I 100% can't mention any of that without getting nuked for the same things Zac was.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I will chime in. Bring Zac back. GC clearly showed certain conduct here that I wouldn't want in my house.

The WalMart 22 sale was the week before Cabelas opened. I watched the hoarding thread and remember it clearly. I won't make any comment other than they must have spent  $14k on 22 that day.

I also noted they they lived in a nice new house (I think)  here and then moved to some new property up North on the last couple years.  Guy must be much better off than the typical young Alaskan.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By raven:
Ok, well clearly there's more going on than I know about. Getting around buy limits from retailers during a shortage doesn't really strike me as such a horrible transgression to carry a grudge over for years. That's what I thought this beef was about.
View Quote

If you don’t know about it, then why not drop all the vendetta, grudge, transgression bullshit?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:23:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you don't know about it, then why not drop all the vendetta, grudge, transgression bullshit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, well clearly there's more going on than I know about. Getting around buy limits from retailers during a shortage doesn't really strike me as such a horrible transgression to carry a grudge over for years. That's what I thought this beef was about.

If you don't know about it, then why not drop all the vendetta, grudge, transgression bullshit?
??? Me? I ask a few questions and now you're telling me to drop it? Now I am even more curious what it is you all have against GraniteClimber.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Edit not sure why this guy gets folks banned. What the fuck is arocking?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]
@tbuck I’d edit out the first part. Don’t want anyone else to get caught up in the ban hammer. No idea if he’s posted anything like that. Despite everyone knowing it, if Zac got nuked for arocking from stuff on site, I can see bitching to staff over that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:25:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently become friends with Zac IRL, and he shared with me what happened. While I may never know the full extent of what happened, I did see see what he emailed staff about wanting to continue his involvement with the site. He laid out a well-written plea and lets just say staff had a very short and succinct reply basically telling him to fuck off arfcom and never look back.

Shame, because Zac is a genuinely nice guy and I always felt him to be a valuable and knowledgeable Alaskan poster.

Free ZacSquatch
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Arocking is when you take beefs online in these forums into the real world, in order to to get your online rivals fired from their real jobs. because of beefs they had with you on AR15.com.

There was a member in Texas, aRock, who pioneered this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I recently become friends with Zac IRL, and he shared with me what happened. While I may never know the full extent of what happened, I did see see what he emailed staff about wanting to continue his involvement with the site. He laid out a well-written plea and lets just say staff had a very short and succinct reply basically telling him to fuck off arfcom and never look back.

Shame, because Zac is a genuinely nice guy and I always felt him to be a valuable and knowledgeable Alaskan poster.

Free ZacSquatch
View Quote

That’s the gist I got from him as well. He’s good people. I can honestly say this is a huge part of why I won’t be renewing my subscription here. Hell, I’ve been spending more and more time away from Arf lately anyhow.

Free the squatch.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Arocking is when you take beefs online in these forums into the real world, in order to to get your online rivals fired from their real jobs. because of beefs they had with you on AR15.com.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which given what I’ve heard from Zac, he didn’t do. So I don’t get the call. That said, any of the staff that I’d consider fair and level headed about it aren’t involved. Don’t know who did the ban, but the others aren’t touching it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Kinda hard to get someone fired that owns their own business...

Speaking of vendettas, we still not shopping at Ammo Can?  Is that place even still open?  I mean I was banned for life from going in there again but just curious.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a gas tube at Ammo Can a couple weeks ago. Seemed open and continuing to me.

Why don’t we like Lou?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought a gas tube at Ammo Can a couple weeks ago. Seemed open and continuing to me.

Why don’t we like Lou?
View Quote

Might have something to do with the lower group buy we did years ago. I think it was zac that organized it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why don’t we like Lou?
View Quote

We used to have a local for sale section here in the Alaska section.  Lou complained to site staff and had it shut down because it was "unfair competition".  We were all pretty pissed about it and he replied by banning everyone that complained about him getting the local sales removed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#25]
It's not so hard to get someone in plenty of trouble if you are crazy enough.  Our previous neighbors had a very successful web site he ran.  A "special snowflake" made a posting about how special she was for breaking into a certain sport.  The owner said that she wasn't special as the sport had never made any attempt to keep anyone from joining in and she certainly wasn't the first person of XYZ group to participate.  She rewarded him by contacting all his sponsors and said he was against all persons of XYZ group...he lost a lot of sponsors as it was easier to drop him than deal with false claims.  Not content to do only $ damage she hinted she may SWAT him as he'd mentioned he had a CHL in some previous thread and often carried.  He went to all the local LE groups and explained what was going on in case they got a call about him having a gun and them needing to show up right now to stop him from doing something crazy.

Other than doing the self defense thing, this guy & his wife check off almost all the liberal boxes.  He was left pretty stunned over the whole mess.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's not so hard to get someone in plenty of trouble if you are crazy enough.  Our previous neighbors had a very successful web site he ran.  A "special snowflake" made a posting about how special she was for breaking into a certain sport.  The owner said that she wasn't special as the sport had never made any attempt to keep anyone from joining in and she certainly wasn't the first person of XYZ group to participate.  She rewarded him by contacting all his sponsors and said he was against all persons of XYZ group...he lost a lot of sponsors as it was easier to drop him than deal with false claims.  Not content to do only $ damage she hinted she may SWAT him as he'd mentioned he had a CHL in some previous thread and often carried.  He went to all the local LE groups and explained what was going on in case they got a call about him having a gun and them needing to show up right now to stop him from doing something crazy.

Other than doing the self defense thing, this guy & his wife check off almost all the liberal boxes.  He was left pretty stunned over the whole mess.
View Quote

From my understanding this isn’t what happened. Zac simply just gave a review of a local company to a friend.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kinda hard to get someone fired that owns their own business...

Speaking of vendettas, we still not shopping at Ammo Can?  Is that place even still open?  I mean I was banned for life from going in there again but just curious.
View Quote

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that was what happened in this case.  Just that it IS easy to cause someone problems even if they own their own business.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#28]
For some reason I think Alaska would be mostly drama free. I'm not sure how I came to that assessment, but reading all of this it was clearly wrong. I didn't know Zac personally, and don't think we exchanged any communication. He seemed like a pretty good guy from my stand point.

What I do find strange about arfcom is when someone gets banned, you aren't allowed to talk about it. That's just odd.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait, I've been here since 2001 and you don't know what Arocking is?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.2 post per day and probably mostly in the tech forums. Not strange in the least.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's the gist I got from him as well. He's good people. I can honestly say this is a huge part of why I won't be renewing my subscription here. Hell, I've been spending more and more time away from Arf lately anyhow.

Free the squatch.
View Quote
This site has gone way downhill in the last decade or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top