Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/12/2023 1:17:19 PM EDT
I keep hearing that Yuengling beer is now sold in Iowa but I have yet to find it.

I have always wanted to try it out with them being the oldest brewery in America.

Anyone actually seen any sold in a grocery store in eastern Iowa?

Anyone actually seen any sold in a grocery store or bar in Iowa?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can currently purchase Yuengling in Kentucky, Arkansas, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Connecticut, Indiana, Louisiana, Texas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Ohio, and Rhode Island.

It's not even in Illinois yet.  They just added Oklahoma and Missouri.  The map shows a few places just over the border from Keokuk in Missouri.

Decent beer but not worth driving to Missouri
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll have to try some other ZIP Codes in their location map.

I did happen to come across an article that says they were bought out by foreign investors back in 2022.

That’s a bit of a downer I was hoping they were still American owned.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll have to try some other ZIP Codes in their location map.

I did happen to come across an article that says they were bought out by foreign investors back in 2022.

That’s a bit of a downer I was hoping they were still American owned.
View Quote

Joint venture with Coors to get into the western states.  Still family owned.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That's good news then.  

If and when I make it down to Missouri I'll have to remember to pick some up if they haven't made it to Iowa yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Schell's out of New Ulm, MN is still family owned and available in Iowa.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checking out their page.

Looks like they bought Grain Belt beer back in 2002.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone brought it back, I don't remember it being them.  They make good stuff, quite a variety.  Toured the brewery a couple of times.  You get samples.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Last week, the wife and I ran down to Anniston, Alabama to visit the CMP south store. I bought 2 International Harvester Garands and a 1903A3. In Anniston, I also  picked 2 12-packs of Yuengling for my sons.  It was just over $12 per 12 pack at Publix.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that is a beer run!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Grain Belt
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]
It's no better then old mil red to be honest
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can currently purchase Yuengling in Kentucky, Arkansas, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Connecticut, Indiana, Louisiana, Texas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Ohio, and Rhode Island.

It's not even in Illinois yet.  They just added Oklahoma and Missouri.  The map shows a few places just over the border from Keokuk in Missouri.

Decent beer but not worth driving to Missouri
View Quote

I'm not far from Missouri and make it down there frequently ill have to look next time
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
fear not to drink the best!

Attachment Attached File

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top