Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2021 11:38:14 PM EDT
Just curious what everyone here’s favorite camo pattern is for AZ? Obviously it’ll be dependent on your region, I don’t expect Flagstaff to choose the same as Tucson.

What’s the best all around? Maybe Multicam?
Attachment Attached File

Seems like a lot of green for how harsh and brown/tan much of our desert is here.

Multicam Arid?
Attachment Attached File

Probably pretty good for the desert, might be too desert oriented to be applicable up north.

What about Kryptek Highlander?
Attachment Attached File

I think this might be one of the most versatile choices for Arizona.

But I want to know what you guys run and why. I don’t currently have an extensive gear load out. My work gear is all black, for work policy reasons. But I’m wanting a good camo load out for camping and hiking. Right now I mostly have some random stuff in coyote and FDE, nothing in a pattern.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
For the flat grassland in the Prescott area, I like British desert camo.  It doesn’t usually make my head fall off like in this picture though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Digital desert is OK, but what I really think is the best for the scrub desert is Rhodesian.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive had good results using Rhodesian, all over the state, when hunting 'yotes or javelinas.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I really like kuiu “Valo” color.

Depends on what it’s for tho.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Firstlite Cipher

or just their tan

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Still have a bunch of BDUs to cover pretty much any terrain.
3 color woodland, MARPAT desert, and even some old chocolate chip pattern, plus my old grid pattern.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally use allot of the cabelas western zone, but I agree the kryptic is pretty spot on for color palette.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Regular Multicam is the best all-around camo for Arizona, hands-down.

I use German Wustetarn down in the low desert and it works fairly well. Desert DPM works all right for grassy areas. Rhodesian brushstroke (green dominant) is great in heavily-vegetated- dense scrub, riparian, pine country, and alpine - areas, but tends to have too much green for more open country. French leopard/lizard performs much better than one would think in mixed scrub and and forest areas. Even in low scrub, it can be difficult to pick out at-range. Flecktarn does a good job in dense pine and spruce/fir forests.

From my own observations, solid colors stick out pretty good in any the state's environments, as does ATACS-AU (as much as I like it aesthetically). I've found myself able to pick out any of the Kryptek patterns at long distances with ease. Both Kryptek and ATACS tend to merge into a solid color while doing little to disrupt/blend the wearer's outline into the background. Forget about M81 Woodland unless it's extra salty. The Rhodesian arid/brown-dominant brushstroke I have doesn't blend into much, which is the reason the Rhodesians withdrew it from service fairly quickly.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
To blend in, around Phoenix metro…

In flagstaff, Sedona… I go with the man bun

[

Otherwise, I’ve got some coyote colored jackets and still have some tri-color desert bdu’s

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Eq6D2IQ.jpg

[https://i.imgur.com/2NFhLMz.jpg

Otherwise, I’ve got some coyote colored jackets and still have some tri-color desert bdu’s

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To blend in, around Phoenix metro

In flagstaff, Sedona I go with the man bun

Otherwise, I've got some coyote colored jackets and still have some tri-color desert bdu's

LOL
Oh, shit.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Faded regular MARPAT

I really like kryptec.. does it work, no idea, but I look freakin bougie in it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I cleaned out the attic, readying to move back to AZ, and found a duffle bag of old Chocolate Chip BDUs.

I definitely be wearing them out working on the new 'stead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Multicam or earth tone whatever.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

HAHA

A good blend for southern AZ is a pair of light colored pants with a darker/greener top.

If I had to pick just one pattern, it would probably be multicam.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Faded regular MARPAT

View Quote

Came to post this.

Four deer in four years with marpat on top and woodland on bottom.

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Pencott Badlands, DevilDog, and Wildwood are AWESOME for Arizona depending on what part of AZ and the time of year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pencott Badlands, DevilDog, and Wildwood are AWESOME for Arizona depending on what part of AZ and the time of year.
View Quote

Pencott is sweet too!  Totally forgot about their stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#20]

USMC Mitchell Pattern
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I never hunted serious game, but for jackrabbits and coyotes, Kryptek Highlander is what I used every week for about 3 years. Its color was such that made it effective in all Az seasons, southern and northern state areas.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Try being still.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Try being still.
View Quote

Depends what yer hidin' from.

Staying still is not an effective option against a human lookin' for ya. The human brain's pretty fucking good about picking up patterns, and the human form- or bits of it- are instantly recognizable. Quality, cheap optics abound these days, too. A deer or elk is fooled pretty easily, but someone after you, not so much. Solid colors or any pattern that blends into one is a good way to be seen. If yer just after the critters, then you have more latitude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Rhodegao
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Tried a bunch of of different patterns over the years and landed on kryptek Highlander just the best all around for me. Works well south and north
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#26]
ATACS-AU, Flectarn...forest areas...I live in Overgaard...Multicam black after dark...
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Picture of a picture. Rhodesian pig hunt off Chareleau Gap near Oracle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I’ve been wearing King’s Desert Shadow for the past few years. Seems to work pretty well coyote, fox and bobcat hunting. Also, it’s much more budget friendly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#29]
In Prescott/Prescott Valley my camo pattern is a beige Toyota Camry blowing thru a red light.

I don't wear camo if I did it would be a polo shirt with beige cargo shorts and sandals.

My vehicle is perfect.  A white Chevy Colorado p/u.  Utterly invisible in a sea of white trucks.  Don't think so?  Next trip out count the white p/u trucks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’ve been wearing King’s Desert Shadow for the past few years. Seems to work pretty well coyote, fox and bobcat hunting. Also, it’s much more budget friendly.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/348185/A8D50DCC-916F-4B6C-B8F1-5BEDAFA6356B_jpe-2101867.JPG
View Quote

I can guess that works well in pinyon/juniper country and the more vegetated parts of the desert where there's plenty of distance contrast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top