Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 1:12:07 PM EDT
Got a mailer about him running for Governor. Don't know anything about him other than what is on his website and mailer. Anyone have any insight on this guy?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like him more if he would quit calling my house every single day.  So far he's just pissing me off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Fast Terry 2.0 has already won. Focus on getting the House flipped.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's like saying his first time was slam dunk, don try.  Actually if we, the VCDL and everyone not buying it would stop propping up false leads when we have legit opposition, we COULD change course.  I'm disagreeing with whole bunch of defeatist here, the NOVA optics on everything VA, and dem infiltration here ( this board is sad)......so I just going to bow out on this inept and very wrong bunch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's like saying his first time was slam dunk, don try.  Actually if we, the VCDL and everyone not buying it would stop propping up false leads when we have legit opposition, we COULD change course.  I'm disagreeing with whole bunch of defeatist here, the NOVA optics on everything VA, and dem infiltration here ( this board is sad)......so I just going to bow out on this inept and very wrong bunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong I would think. Va is very different from the time of Cooch vs McAwful. Va has taken a hard left turn instead of the slow pull left.
Looking at the voting patterns over the last few years, the ineptitude of the RPV, I would say McAwful will handily beat his RPV opponent. Va is getting to the point the D doesn't even have to do anything to win the top 3 state positions.

That said, the RPV needs to get off its ass and get people to the polls. We all need to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#5]
RPV should be replaced by a more competent group. As far as I'm concerned they are controlled opposition.  They have done more harm than good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RPV should be replaced by a more competent group. As far as I'm concerned they are controlled opposition.  They have done more harm than good.
View Quote
I would agree, but for now they are what we have to work with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Fast Terry was the one who stood down and let Charlottesville burn. Trump is gone now and some one should call him to task for that. If we could stop Terry it would be good.  I dont know who Youngkin is.  I dont like Cox.  I like Chase, but she has a lot of baggage that rights the attack adds by itself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glenn Youngkin was a former CEO of the Carlyle Group. He's been involved in various Conservative causes over the years.

He can self fund, and has a net worth of about 250 million. He's on AEI's national council.

Here is his website:

https://youngkinforgovernor.com/meet-glenn/

View Quote

I saw that info on his site and the mailer. What I'm wanting to know is more about him from someone who knows him.  Is he Pro 2A? Pro freedom?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Carlyle Group huh?  Wasn't Cheney associated with them? Sounds like an organization of Bushies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I get a Romney type vibe from Youngkin.

Cox is a traditional RPV politician - votes ok most of time but no backbone, no charisma and has been following the Karl Rove playbook of condemning those who protested against vote fraud on 1/6 and people open carrying long rifles.

Snyder has money and some conservative supporters - may be worth supporting.

Chase - I like her spirit and energy.  On negative side she uses that UBC supporting FB "star" Tim Anderson as her lawyer.  The RPV establishment hates her and she seems to think a primary is better than a convention.

On positive side she is not a RPV hack, is hated by the Republican establishment and is genuinely pro-gun rights.  So far she is the only candidate who might capture some of the grassroots blue collar support Trump inspires.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It sounds like the RPV is going to do a convention to pick the candidates for the big 3, that means they will pick a RINO to run for governor, Chase will run as an independent, and terry mcaulffie will win another term without even having to try.

Hopefully it’s not a disaster for the House races too.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It sounds like the RPV is going to do a convention to pick the candidates for the big 3, that means they will pick a RINO to run for governor, Chase will run as an independent, and terry mcaulffie will win another term without even having to try.

Hopefully it’s not a disaster for the House races too.

View Quote

Chase is currently show as looking for the R nomination.  She switched from indy to R at some point after the initial statement and probably got hammered for your very point (I know I did).  So at this point it'll be old guard don't give a crap RINO against pinko sympathizer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top