Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2023 9:46:07 AM EDT
Story Here

Just in case you thought Youngkin was somehow better than Miyares.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Not surprising. Youngkin owes his victory to Suzy Soccer mom, just like Myrieas.
They both want to keep those bitches happy, and Suzy loves her some gun control.
Myieas wants them happy to win reelection
Youngkin seems to have delusions of White House prospects, or maybe Senate against the 2 dumbass' we currently have.
Sadly Suzy has more power and sway in Va than gun owners will ever have. There are some Va Gun Owners who are happy with RFL and UBC's.
RFL are here and here to stay. Might be a good thing to use federal funds instead of Va tax funds.
That Said, I in no way shape or form support RFL's or any other Democrat or Republican gun control.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not surprising. Youngkin owes his victory to Suzy Soccer mom, just like Myrieas.
They both want to keep those bitches happy, and Suzy loves her some gun control.
Myieas wants them happy to win reelection
Youngkin seems to have delusions of White House prospects, or maybe Senate against the 2 dumbass' we currently have.
Sadly Suzy has more power and sway in Va than gun owners will ever have. There are some Va Gun Owners who are happy with RFL and UBC's.
RFL are here and here to stay. Might be a good thing to use federal funds instead of Va tax funds.
That Said, I in no way shape or form support RFL's or any other Democrat or Republican gun control.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

RFL are here and here to stay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m not so sure about that. There’s already a couple of decisions I’m aware of (in other states) and a federal decision on protective orders, effectively shooting this concept down under Bruen.

Might be a good thing to use federal funds instead of Va tax funds.

Counterproposal: Use NO money, including state money, to enforce or seek these orders. Put nothing in any budget for them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that. There's already a couple of decisions I'm aware of (in other states) and a federal decision on protective orders, effectively shooting this concept down under Bruen.

Counterproposal: Use NO money, including state money, to enforce or seek these orders. Put nothing in any budget for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that. There's already a couple of decisions I'm aware of (in other states) and a federal decision on protective orders, effectively shooting this concept down under Bruen.

Might be a good thing to use federal funds instead of Va tax funds.

1st part. Great. They are an affront to freedom in all way.
2nd. I'm good with that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Governor Youngkin has not yet accepted federal money for red flag law

The Youngkin Administration had requested money from the federal government last year to help fight violence caused by the misuse of firearms but has not yet accepted any of it.

That’s good, because that money comes with strings attached to it to promote red flag laws.

https://www.wvtf.org/news/2023-05-08/millions-of-dollars-are-on-the-table-for-virginia-to-raise-awareness-of-its-red-flag-law

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2023/05/01/after-applying-for-funding-tied-to-red-flag-law-youngkin-officials-vague-on-plans-to-use-it/
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Governor Youngkin has not yet accepted federal money for red flag law

The Youngkin Administration had requested money from the federal government last year to help fight violence caused by the misuse of firearms but has not yet accepted any of it.

That’s good, because that money comes with strings attached to it to promote red flag laws.

https://www.wvtf.org/news/2023-05-08/millions-of-dollars-are-on-the-table-for-virginia-to-raise-awareness-of-its-red-flag-law

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2023/05/01/after-applying-for-funding-tied-to-red-flag-law-youngkin-officials-vague-on-plans-to-use-it/
View Quote

I saw that in a VA Alert.  While the funds have a red flag string attached, Youngkin did not apply for a "red flag law grant."
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I saw that in a VA Alert.  While the funds have a red flag string attached, Youngkin did not apply for a "red flag law grant."
View Quote

He applied for a grant (1) from the Biden Administration,  (2) to curb "gun violence," which (3) included and was advertised as including efforts to encourage states to implement and utilize "red flag" laws.

So yeah, he did. It's disingenuous to try to excuse this action by saying "well, he hasn't accepted the money yet."
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He applied for a grant (1) from the Biden Administration,  (2) to curb "gun violence," which (3) included and was advertised as including efforts to encourage states to implement and utilize "red flag" laws.

So yeah, he did. It's disingenuous to try to excuse this action by saying "well, he hasn't accepted the money yet."
View Quote

But it's equally disingenuous to call it a Red Flag Law grant, strongly implying that to be the sole purpose and motive.  Although I do agree that it is more than concerning.  I wonder what the guy is thinking.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But it's equally disingenuous to call it a Red Flag Law grant, strongly implying that to be the sole purpose and motive.  Although I do agree that it is more than concerning.  I wonder what the guy is thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The political calculus is that it's worse to have it held against them to not have applied for that money than our bitching and moaning about it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The political calculus is that it's worse to have it held against them to not have applied for that money than our bitching and moaning about it.
View Quote

Yup.  Funny how the 2A is the one right that is always openly on the chopping block.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said. Suzy Soccer mom has far more sway on Va politicians than gun owners will ever have.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Like I said. Suzy Soccer mom has far more sway on Va politicians than gun owners will ever have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had more sway when we had more leadership and sincerity....there's less to invest in and huge mental illness issue leading to mass shooter trends that constantly makes us a politicaltarget....and folks bailed. Drive by the NRA HQ lately?

How many locales even have a local 2A group despite the thousands showing up at court houses all over the state in 2019-2020?  When we are fair weather fans that don't take our cause or each other seriously, don't whine that nobody else does.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is sad - because the reason Youngkin won was due to rural turn-out - not Suzy soccer mom.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, not really.

Suzy soccer mom got pissed when McAuliffe said parents have no say in the classroom after the Loudoun County trans rape debacle.

And they crossed over and voted for Youngkin.
View Quote

And they’re a fickle bloc of voters.

McAwful stepped on his own dick with impeccable timing, Youngkin and Miyares pounced on that and it got them over the line. Barely.

All of that was before the Dobbs (abortion) decision, and the fickle Suzy Soccer Mom vote is going to come out hard the other direction because of that. There’s not a damn thing that Youngkin or Miyares can do about that, which is why it’s all the more baffling to me that they would try to appease or preserve their favor with this bloc by defending gun control. They’re going to lose Suzy Soccer Mom on abortion and also lose gun owners in their futile attempt to remain viable with Suzy Soccer Mom.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And they're a fickle bloc of voters.

McAwful stepped on his own dick with impeccable timing, Youngkin and Miyares pounced on that and it got them over the line. Barely.

All of that was before the Dobbs (abortion) decision, and the fickle Suzy Soccer Mom vote is going to come out hard the other direction because of that. There's not a damn thing that Youngkin or Miyares can do about that, which is why it's all the more baffling to me that they would try to appease or preserve their favor with this bloc by defending gun control. They're going to lose Suzy Soccer Mom on abortion and also lose gun owners in their futile attempt to remain viable with Suzy Soccer Mom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really.

Suzy soccer mom got pissed when McAuliffe said parents have no say in the classroom after the Loudoun County trans rape debacle.

And they crossed over and voted for Youngkin.

And they're a fickle bloc of voters.

All of that was before the Dobbs (abortion) decision, and the fickle Suzy Soccer Mom vote is going to come out hard the other direction because of that. There's not a damn thing that Youngkin or Miyares can do about that, which is why it's all the more baffling to me that they would try to appease or preserve their favor with this bloc by defending gun control. They're going to lose Suzy Soccer Mom on abortion and also lose gun owners in their futile attempt to remain viable with Suzy Soccer Mom.
Yep.
Pedo joe is going to win Va by more than 10% because of dobbs.
Suzy doesnt want the dems fucking with their kids education but wants the ability to kill their unborn children.
White suburban women are the downfall of our state and country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top