Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2022 1:21:19 PM EDT
The anti-gun law that the ISRA helped author "the FOID Modernization Law" had a provision for claimed lifetime FOID.  Now, they find out that you have to pay to be fingerprinted again just for this provision.  Existing prints won't work.  We need new leadership at ISRA!

From Richards Thursday ramblings:
"I have received a few questions about fingerprints and the FOID card.  The idea was that if you supplied fingerprints, your FOID card would become a lifetime FOID card.  The original idea was to use any fingerprints you already had on file with the State of Illinois.  It turns out the feds have laws against such uses.  The Illinois State Police were told they could not do that.  So, starting January 1, 2023, if you want to supply fingerprints to the ISP, you will have to get a whole new set of fingerprints and submit them to the ISP.  I do not expect there to be long lines to do this"
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Which law? Sounds like a load of horse shit to me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the FOID Modernization Law the ISRA helped pass last year.  The law that requires paying FFLs to store records of all private sales now....among other things.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll believe this when the ISRA cites the specific Federal laws that prohibit using existing fingerprints on file.  Until then, it smells like BS.

The ISRA burned us when they helped draft the latest FOID legislation.   They should have pushed for legislation to eliminate the FOID completely.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top