Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/6/2020 6:59:55 PM EDT
Please check in and state what side of the State you are on.   With everything going on with the Election chaos etc. I feel that we should be united just in case violence erupts.  

I'll start.  I'm in Cheyenne and would like to meet in person with other members in SE Wyoming.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah it's time to meet. Shawn in Riverton.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheyenne
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
South Western
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm  up for a meet up maybe a range day?  I'm  in Colorado 25 miles south of Cheyenne.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
NoCo, soon to be Cheyenne. I'll take the drive up and introduce myself so my plates don't get me shunned.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
South Western
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Gillette checking in, anybody up here in CC?
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:08:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Cheyenne. If anything goes down IM me and I'll be there.

Glad to see some good CO ppl.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like Wheatland would be as central a meeting location as we could get. I think ARFWY (with some CO folks too sigh) needs to meet. Soon.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Whoops
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Casper, but I'm in Cheyenne often.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like Wheatland would be as central a meeting location as we could get. I think ARFWY (with some CO folks too sigh) needs to meet. Soon.

Shawn
View Quote

The few of us in this thread are all from the north end of the state; Loveland, Windsor. We can at least drive in the snow and like freedom.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Just outside of Cheyenne.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
When's the meetup?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Sheridan/Dayton area normally but on an extended sabbatical in SC right now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm  up for a meet up maybe a range day?  I'm  in Colorado 25 miles south of Cheyenne.
View Quote

Yeah, that would be cool.  You can be my guest.  I'm sure their are other members of Otto Range?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NoCo, soon to be Cheyenne. I'll take the drive up and introduce myself so my plates don't get me shunned.
View Quote

Your plates won't get you shunned.  We're all on the same side.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shawn
View Quote

Yeah, I'm game for a meetup for all WY members and Northern CO members.   That or if people can't meet in one area of the state we can meet regionally?  We can certainly spread the word around.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The few of us in this thread are all from the north end of the state; Loveland, Windsor. We can at least drive in the snow and like freedom.
View Quote

Can you start a thread in the Hometown Colorado soliciting interest for Northern CO?  I think it would be great for our Northern CO members to meet up with WY members.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When's the meetup?
View Quote

We'll have to meet soon.  Sucky thing is winter is here.  If there are other members of the Otto range that would be a good place to meet (on a nice day).  There are a lot more members that haven't checked in.  Please spread the word to those that might not have seen this thread.  I know there are more members in Cheyenne, Casper, Jackson, Rock Springs, etc.  

Last night I read where a bunch of members of a VFW in Virginia met.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I am in Laramie. If anyone ever wants to meet to go shooting, I can sponsor you as a guest to the Laramie Rifle Range ...
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can you start a thread in the Hometown Colorado soliciting interest for Northern CO?  I think it would be great for our Northern CO members to meet up with WY members.
View Quote

Once we have some deets, I'll put something up in the COHTF
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Once we have some deets, I'll put something up in the COHTF
View Quote

Sounds good, anyone have an idea of where?   I'm game for wherever, I'm just thinking with Covid there is no place in public to meet and the weather is turning to shit.  Anyone have a heated shop, any ideas where to meet?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#25]
There's a decent diner in Chugwater. They'd never suspect Chugwater...
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's a decent diner in Chugwater. They'd never suspect Chugwater...
View Quote

Yeah, there is also a ghost Diner in Chugwater.  I read a story about it from the person who experienced it, fucking crazy!

As far as who suspects what I don't care.  This needs to be about community safety and organization.  If it led to something else due to outside influences then we'll be half ass organized.  These crazy leftists will not stop, they are emboldened and will only get worse.  

I think this is important and obviously by the replies others do as well.  I just don't know how to "implement" this, this time of year.  It would have been easy to say meet at this location at the National Forest 2 or 3 months ago, but this time of year in Wyoming meeting outside is a crap shoot, chances are it will be windy and cold as hell.  Meeting at a public place with all the fucking mask mandates makes that a no go.  Only thing I can think of is a heated shop or something like that if there are any volunteers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I have it on good authority that American Pioneer Corps will be starting rucks in the Cheyenne/NoCo/Laramie area starting sometime next month.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have it on good authority that American Pioneer Corps will be starting rucks in the Cheyenne/NoCo/Laramie area starting sometime next month.
View Quote

Who are they?

Edit:  I have found some information about them.  It looks okay, but at my age I'm not too keen on doing rucks under time.  I'll be more than happy to do a road march, but fuck the competition/timed bullshit.I did that crap at Ft. Benning years ago.  I do plenty of hiking/hunting I don't need to prove anything to be a member of a "club".  

What's anyone know about the Oathkeepers?  

Maybe it is better to become involved with already organized groups?  

I admit I have a lot of questions. I just can't standby and see our country stolen from us and know we like minded patriots need to be organized in some fashion.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Who are they?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/American-Pioneer-Corps/69/

The organization was founded by a group of military officers and Federal LE, the impetus given by the Virginia 2020 Lobby Day, and took off from there. They are a nonprofit that’s on Amazon Smile as well. Think of it as Boy Scouts for men. Their website is down right now or I’d post up a link.

Key components are rucking (physical fitness), marksmanship, ham radio, wildland firefighting, and land navigation.

We’ve been doing rucks in Colorado since February I believe. Anyone can be involved, just pick a date for a ruck and share it, you’d be surprised but people show up. I’ll be posting up a ruck for sometime early next month, but anyone can do one. It’s a good time. We just do a 6 mile hike with rifles and weighted packs, and maybe get a beer afterwards.

EDIT: No pressure on the competitive aspect at all. I aim for 6 mile hike faster than 3mph, but you can carry as much (or as little) weight as you want. It’s really quite a pleasant walk, guys will bring their wifes and kids who don’t carry weight. No ego here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/American-Pioneer-Corps/69/

The organization was founded by a group of military officers and Federal LE, the impetus given by the Virginia 2020 Lobby Day, and took off from there. They are a nonprofit that’s on Amazon Smile as well. Think of it as Boy Scouts for men. Their website is down right now or I’d post up a link.

Key components are rucking (physical fitness), marksmanship, ham radio, wildland firefighting, and land navigation.

We’ve been doing rucks in Colorado since February I believe. Anyone can be involved, just pick a date for a ruck and share it, you’d be surprised but people show up. I’ll be posting up a ruck for sometime early next month, but anyone can do one. It’s a good time. We just do a 6 mile hike with rifles and weighted packs, and maybe get a beer afterwards.

EDIT: No pressure on the competitive aspect at all. I aim for 6 mile hike faster than 3mph, but you can carry as much (or as little) weight as you want. It’s really quite a pleasant walk, guys will bring their wifes and kids who don’t carry weight. No ego here.
View Quote

I see your edit, that is good to see.  Being in good physical condition is important and carrying a ruck around is a good way to stay in shape.  

So this adult "boy scout club", is there any organization for civil unrest/community protection with the current state of affairs?  Or is just a club to go do road marches?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I see your edit, that is good to see.  Being in good physical condition is important and carrying a ruck around is a good way to stay in shape.  

So this adult "boy scout club", is there any organization for civil unrest/community protection with the current state of affairs?  Or is just a club to go do road marches?
View Quote

Your question is simple but complicated. APC is a framework, not a vehicle, if that makes sense. It’s a framework to train, develop, and network. There’s a competitive aspect to test ourselves, and a core group of skills to hone. From there, it’s up to each of us and our judgement.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Your question is simple but complicated. APC is a framework, not a vehicle, if that makes sense. It’s a framework to train, develop, and network. There’s a competitive aspect to test ourselves, and a core group of skills to hone. From there, it’s up to each of us and our judgement.
View Quote

Networking is good, but we need organization.  That is what I'm looking for and I believe based on the replies others are as well.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Networking is good, but we need organization.  That is what I'm looking for and I believe based on the replies others are as well.  Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Fair enough.

I’d just like to point out that it has been shown repeatedly in personality research that people who identify as conservatives are high in Big 5 personality trait Conscientiousness while people who identify as liberals are high in trait Openness (Big 5 being the current cutting edge, big data derived, largely cross-cultural personality analytic).

What this suggests is that on a practical standpoint, conservatives are great at fitting into an organizational structure but poor overall at networking. APC is an attempt at overcoming our Openness gap with liberals, while developing martial skills.

Either way, I’ll be posting up when I go ruck, and if someone wants to join, I can at least promise some exercise outdoors.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Cheyenne
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know anything about the United American Defense Force?  

Looks interesting and maybe what I'm looking for?  Other WY & Northern CO Arfcommers, what do you think?  

https://fecunited.com/uadf/

https://www.wyofile.com/us-vs-them-recruiting-wyomingites-for-domestic-fight/
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have some lengthy replies I will be dropping in here when I can. Basically, you're gonna want to be very careful when you start joining groups such as the above. A better way would be to get together as a group, Like the Battle Buddy and Ruck type stuff, and go from there, IMHO.
View Quote

I look forward to your replies, I was hoping you would post in this thread.  I can definitely see how it would be better to just get together as a group, and I've also been hesitant about becoming a "member" of one of these groups I've shared links on.  What was initially in my mind was a neighbor helping neighbor type of thing and in Wyoming with our small population we are all neighbors along with our Northern CO brothers.  

I have a 24X48 Pole Barn here in Cheyenne where we can meet up.  It's not heated, but I'm sure a few propane heaters could be scrounged up for this time of year.

I was also thinking we could do it in a Zoom meeting setting if that would be better especially for members that live farther away?    

Any dates work better than others for those that have posted?   I just re-upped my membership to help with contacts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Casper here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Casper here.
View Quote

Thanks for checking in.  

Let's keep posting ideas and we will have to meet sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When and where is the meet and greet?

Anyone paying attention to Casper/Cheyenne newspaper FB pages? There are  more and more vocal leftists chiming in on those pages. Click on their profile, and they haven't been residents for very long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When and where is the meet and greet?

Anyone paying attention to Casper/Cheyenne newspaper FB pages? There are  more and more vocal leftists chiming in on those pages. Click on their profile, and they haven't been residents for very long.
View Quote

Just got moved into Laramie, going out tomorrow to scout some ruck/land nav locations in between Cheyenne and Laramie.

Seems like there are a few restaurants open in Wheatland. How about we meet up around 10-11am on a Saturday, knock out a hike in the vicinity, then get lunch after?

EDIT: If this idea works for people, possible dates would be the 19th, 26th, or 2nd. If a few people confirm on a date, I can start a new thread for better visibility.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just got moved into Laramie, going out tomorrow to scout some ruck/land nav locations in between Cheyenne and Laramie.

Seems like there are a few restaurants open in Wheatland. How about we meet up around 10-11am on a Saturday, knock out a hike in the vicinity, then get lunch after?

EDIT: If this idea works for people, possible dates would be the 19th, 26th, or 2nd. If a few people confirm on a date, I can start a new thread for better visibility.
View Quote

I would say 2nd just because I know I will be in the mountains the weekend of Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wheatland works, but the holidays are kinda screwy for me.
View Quote

How about Jan. 9th? Western Sky’s Family Diner is open for dine-in. If someone doesn’t want to ruck they can just come for lunch.

Not sold on any one date/idea, just a big believer in having a plan, even if it isn’t perfect.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:52:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I'll have to start paying more attention to the hometown forum, I don't check in that much I would be interested in a meet up especially if it's in the Casper area.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#50]
If someone would IM me when this happens it would be appreciated. I am terrible at checking Hometown.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top