Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2020 4:28:50 PM EDT
Metro Louisville to quadruple COVID-19 health inspections,
add undercover visits

On Wednesday, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported that Louisville's health department will begin immediately expanding the list of businesses it inspects for COVID-19 violations, often by surprise, to ensure retailers and other establishments that serve the public are sticking to coronavirus guidance.

In another move to step up pressure, the city intends to publish a weekly list of businesses that are violating mask ordinances and other requirements.

Office buildings of large employers, hair salons, spas, country clubs, retail outlets and other shopping destinations will be added to the list with bars and restaurants that health inspectors will visit, Nicholas Hart, environmental health manager, said during Mayor Greg Fischer's Tuesday coronavirus update.

The switch to more aggressive enforcement comes as Louisville is flashing red with COVID-19 cases.

The city's most recent spike in virus cases brought the total to 2,300 cases in the last week and 24 deaths. That's paired with 42.8 cases per 100,000 people and a 6.8% positivity rate. On Tuesday, Kentucky reported 2,120 new cases, 14 deaths and a 7.68% positivity rate.

Other cities and states have upped their restrictions in the face of rising numbers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
what happens if the investigators are asymptomatic and spread it to multiple businesses causing death and financial destruction?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what happens if the investigators are asymptomatic and spread it to multiple businesses causing death and financial destruction?
View Quote

C'est la vie.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Think they will paint stars or "C" on the doors??
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
So if they report businesses that are lax in enforcing the mask requirements, and those businesses see a large uptick in sales, will they take the hint?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So if they report businesses that are lax in enforcing the mask requirements, and those businesses see a large uptick in sales, will they take the hint?
View Quote

I doubt these people will react to any "hints". These are hardcore Bolsheviks and are determined to force everyone to comply with their orders. Those that refuse to comply will be dealt with forcefully. The possibility that these "orders" may cause a person to lose his business and livelihood means nothing to them. All that matters is compliance with orders and obedience to the government.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they'd probably suspend their licenses to operate instead.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s funny how relaxed we have become with allowing our government to hand down any order they want.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope, there is not a damn thing funny about it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
so Komrad Andy just ordered private schools to close in-person education and no in-person service at restaurant .
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Come and take it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Scott Co schools are going full virtual, closed to in person.  They were partial virtual (parents option).

I think KEA should provide virtual tech to private schools.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Scott Co schools are going full virtual, closed to in person.  They were partial virtual (parents option).

I think KEA should provide virtual tech to private schools.
View Quote

At the very least school districts should have to reevaluate their operating costs and reduce our tax burden. I pay school tax in lex and gtown, don’t live there and no kids in school.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Schools are going to virtual themselves right out of business. Why the fuck do we need 5-6 teachers per grade to talk on zoom for 10 minutes a day and email links to online worksheets?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope our legislature smacks Andy in the mouth come January.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Schools are going to virtual themselves right out of business. Why the fuck do we need 5-6 teachers per grade to talk on zoom for 10 minutes a day and email links to online worksheets?
View Quote

My sentiments as well...
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

At the very least school districts should have to reevaluate their operating costs and reduce our tax burden. I pay school tax in lex and gtown, don’t live there and no kids in school.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more.

The admin offices are even worse...
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#18]
All this remote while JCPS tried to raise taxes. Pretty ballsy I'll say
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell, the state is wanting to raise FUEL TAXES, since there is a shortage of tax income. Stupid fuckers. Let us go BACK to normal, and, so will the taxes. (sadly)
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
When they have shutdown or severly limited most businesses and those businesses have laid off many workers, it is no surprise that less tax money has been collected. Their solution to this problem is to have the rest of us pay all the taxes those unemployed workers would have paid. OK, I'll join in. When everybody goes back to work will they then lower taxes back down? Don't make me laugh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top