Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:38:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:57:02 AM EST
And yet a binary trigger doesn't actually alter or increase the cyclic rate of fire of a rifle, nor does it even increase the achievable percentage of the cyclic rate of fire beyond what's possible with nothing but a common, well-understood, and fairly simple technique. In fact, an actual bump fire stock doesn't even meet those standards.

Either that or every aftermarket trigger in the state of florida is also illegal. Why hasn't this made it to the state supreme court yet? Why hasn't our pro-gun governor directed law enforcement to ignore this unenforceable law yet? Do we really have no recourse against poorly written and and unconstitutional laws unless and until someone actually goes to jail and gets their life upended by one?

Also, given that the FL constitution only grants the state the power to regulate the manner of bearing arms, has the legislature not exceeded its authority in passing this law?
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:23:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: Yesterday 7:24:16 PM EST by disparcher91]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CZRider:
And yet a binary trigger doesn't actually alter or increase the cyclic rate of fire of a rifle, nor does it even increase the achievable percentage of the cyclic rate of fire beyond what's possible with nothing but a common, well-understood, and fairly simple technique. In fact, an actual bump fire stock doesn't even meet those standards.

Either that or every aftermarket trigger in the state of florida is also illegal. Why hasn't this made it to the state supreme court yet? Why hasn't our pro-gun governor directed law enforcement to ignore this unenforceable law yet? Do we really have no recourse against poorly written and and unconstitutional laws unless and until someone actually goes to jail and gets their life upended by one?

Also, given that the FL constitution only grants the state the power to regulate the manner of bearing arms, has the legislature not exceeded its authority in passing this law?
View Quote
What about Mossberg MVP bolt actions with Lightning adjustable trigger pull. Mossberg gave me options as to how fast I want to fire. What about the AR's I put together that have had, and will continue to have from the manufacturer (me), Franklin Armory Triggers? Anyone out there with a Giselle, Larue, or even PSA polished trigger?
Link Posted: Today 12:00:52 AM EST
Hell, what about a lightweight bolt carriers or buffers? Different buffer springs? Maybe a gas block with a bigger port? How about putting a carbine upper on a rifle manufactured as a mid-length or dissipator? Any of those could actually increase the cyclic rate, making them more of a "bump stock" than an actual goddamn bump stock.

Then again, we make a mistake by questioning this law on its technical validity or merit. I don't think you can read the bill that gave us all these wonderful laws without concluding that the people behind it were either hopelessly incompetent or acting in bad faith. Or both. Probably both.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top