Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2021 4:35:53 PM EDT
I moved my family here to NV with me after 30+ years of living in WV this year.  Well my wife got a speeding ticket for 70 in a 55.  Regardless of if the speed limit is "correct" for the area or not, I'm going to be paying.   So is it worth/do traffic lawyers even have a business here in NV?  We had them at home or you could go to court and hope the cop didn't show up.

Just seeing if it's worth trying.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't bother with it, just pay the fine.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
With a lawyer you may be paying extra but usually tickets are reduced to non moving violations which means no points and your insurance won't go up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This...always get a lawyer. They will change it to illegal parking and reduce the fine to probably half.

I had an at fault accident (failure to maintain lane) reduced to illegal parking because I used Garrett Ogata.
View Quote

^This

You're going to pay anyway, might as well pay a lawyer now so that you're not paying more in insurance premiums in the future. I've had 100% success with a lawyer getting things dropped to a no point ticket with a fine. Worth it every time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
What jurisdiction? Some were offering the same deal without getting an attorney.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What jurisdiction? Some were offering the same deal without getting an attorney.
View Quote

Elko area.  Ticket from the highway patrol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With a lawyer you may be paying extra but usually tickets are reduced to non moving violations which means no points and your insurance won't go up.
View Quote

This is how it usually worked at home and pretty well what I'm aiming for with the ticket.  I know we'll pay, but I'd rather not pay the insurance company for years over it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Call the Elko DA office. Ask them directly if they’ll work it out. They usually will. I used to do it when I was working in Humboldt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top