Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 2:52:11 PM EDT
Just got an email from our HR director at the headquarters in Jeff City.  He said they were notified by someone in the state .gov that protesters are going to attempt to shut down the Missouri River Bridge and/or other major thoroughfares in Jeff City today at 3 pm.  

He said EVERYONE still working in the office is to leave the office immediately and work from home today.

Just an fyi-could be a bunch of smoke or it could happen.

Keep your heads on a swivel.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a friend who works in a state building in Jeff City, and he said they were putting up barriers near his building earlier today, and a few Nation Guard were in their lobby. They're definitely expecting something to happen.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweeeeeeet!   They'd have to run an asphalt crew behind it here in the States though...and it would be fun to see the rats run when that machine comes to town!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
seems to be what is all over social media right now. any body in jeff city know if that happened?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
There's an easier way, with existing equipment.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I just drove across the bridge and it was completely empty.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Everything is normal on MO Blvd.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]
We drove through Jeff City from Columbia around 1600 or so. No issues and didn't see anyone doing anything stupid.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Still calm around 6:30.

Will West is barricaded up like the walking dead are coming.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I wonder if they were protest related or just assholes being assholes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reading through the KRCG article, that I'm fairly certain was written by a 5th grader, sounded like they were planning a robbery. Wouldn't be surprised to hear it was a ND since the shooter turned himself in.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reading through the KRCG article, that I'm fairly certain was written by a 5th grader, sounded like they were planning a robbery. Wouldn't be surprised to hear it was a ND since the shooter turned himself in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Punks being punks.

Little $40 weed deal turned into robbery.  The buyer decided to steal the weed so the seller shot 5 times, striking him twice in the neck.

The "victim" died today.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Grain of salt and all.
Was informed there are supposed to be "protests" in the Florissant (North County, St. Louis) area around 4 today.
I know this thread started on the other side of the state but it seemed to be as good a place to post.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
seems to be what is all over social media right now. any body in jeff city know if that happened?
View Quote

I heard that it didn't happen, but had been talked about only to close it down so that the protesters could walk across it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top