Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 6:44:12 AM EDT
This place is/was arfcommer-owned, have flown the BFL flag since they opened.

Attachment Attached File

"There is currently some consternation among social media regarding a flag in our establishment.We have utilized various flags as dcor since we opened almost six years ago. The Gadsden flag was one of these. It is displayed next to another historical American flag from the Whiskey Rebellion. We also display a Betsy Ross and a 24 star American flag in our windows.
We also have flags from other countries, military units, and beer companies adorning our rafters and walls.
Some have ascribed our display of the Gadsden flag as a 'dog whistle' to groups who have used the flag. We do not subscribe to that assertion any more so than any group affiliated with any other flag that hangs in our establishment.
We reject emphatically the assertion that our display of the Gadsden flag implies our establishment, ownership, employees, or anyone else associated with 417 Taphouse is a bigot, racist or any other pejorative that may defame our character.
We have a well established track record of striving to treat everyone with respect. We have codified this ethos into our single rule.
We appreciate every one who chooses to patronize 417 Taphouse."

Scrolled through the comments section of that post this morning and the woke mob retards are coming out of the woodwork to attack this place and anyone commenting in defense of them.  It's equally impressive and disturbing seeing the wide range of tactics they're using.  I clicked on a few profiles and it looks like some of these folks aren't even from MO, indicating that the post is being shared in order to call in reinforcements.  There is the expected amount of neon-color hair dye, morbid obesity, and pronouns listed on profiles.

I'm curious to see if 417 Taphouse holds their ground.  On the one hand I doubt they'll lose much business because I'm sure the vast majority of the mob weren't patrons to begin with, but on the other hand how long until the vandalism and death threats start, or the city of Springfield decides to go woke and get involved.  Things really have gone to shit lately.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
People really need to find hobbies that aren’t attacking others.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People really need to find hobbies that aren't attacking others.
View Quote
That post and the comments under it are pretty much the way things are now.  These asshats have free rein to form mobs and attack businesses and people, vandalize homes and businesses, send death threats, etc and they're further empowered by the fact that the social media platforms they're using for this support them, half the government supports them, etc.

They can call you a racist or bigot and try to ruin your life for replying to that post with any type of support for the business, but if you reply to call them a fag you'll fetch a timeout from Facebook.  They're a protected class.  While that is happening, we're being kicked off various social media platforms and foced to split up amongst new ones like gab or parler.  It's full on divide and conquer, an attack on all fronts, and we're losing that battle based on how bad things have gotten.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to Springfield in a few weeks, I'll be sure to stop in for a beer there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That post and the comments under it are pretty much the way things are now.  These asshats have free rein to form mobs and attack businesses and people, vandalize homes and businesses, send death threats, etc and they're further empowered by the fact that the social media platforms they're using for this support them, half the government supports them, etc.

They can call you a racist or bigot and try to ruin your life for replying to that post with any type of support for the business, but if you reply to call them a fag you'll fetch a timeout from Facebook.  They're a protected class.  While that is happening, we're being kicked off various social media platforms and foced to split up amongst new ones like gab or parler.  It's full on divide and conquer, an attack on all fronts, and we're losing that battle based on how bad things have gotten.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People really need to find hobbies that aren't attacking others.

I believe our best option is to leave those platforms and let them have their echo chamber.

Facebook and IG deleted my accounts without warning or reason and my life is better off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe our best option is to leave those platforms and let them have their echo chamber.

Facebook and IG deleted my accounts without warning or reason and my life is better off.
View Quote
My latest FB ban, that I'm still under some restrictions for, was for posting a photo of hitler and his staff standing around a table with maps on it, with the caption "facebook staff planning my next account ban."
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My latest FB ban, that I'm still under some restrictions for, was for posting a photo of hitler and his staff standing around a table with maps on it, with the caption "facebook staff planning my next account ban."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baller AF
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good way to incur the wrath of the Cola Broa
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
A Gadsden Flag is bad now?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
They've tried to associate it with "white supremacists" ever since that kid drove through a crowd of people at that rally some years ago, but after it was spotted at the Capital "attack" they've doubled down on their hate for it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They've tried to associate it with "white supremacists" ever since that kid drove through a crowd of people at that rally some years ago, but after it was spotted at the Capital "attack" they've doubled down on their hate for it.
View Quote

I saw some American flags in there too. Guess that's a symbol of hate.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I saw some American flags in there too. Guess that's a symbol of hate.
View Quote
A few folks mentioned that in the commons and the fatbodies dogpiled them with "racist!" and "nice red herring, facist!"  There's not a shred of reasoning or logic in their heads, and any attempt at arguing in good faith with them would be a waste of everyones time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's raceis.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
We need to blow them up with copy/pasta but not the standard truck driver mother whatever and say to my face one.  
Maybe Kek Reeeeee Orangemanbad poopyhead
If in Springfield would drink beer there, no homo
Sorry for the @Yakrat101
At least this is MOHTF not GD
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#14]
As kc215 mentioned, I am the primary owner of the establishment in question.

I would ask that you do not engage on facebook. Very few people there are acting in good faith.

We have no intention of changing who we are and what we have been doing for the past 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would ask that you do not engage on facebook. Very few people there are acting in good faith.

We have no intention of changing who we are and what we have been doing for the past 5 years.
View Quote
Precisely why I didn't post this in GD, and haven't commented on the FB post.  Didn't want to cause an absolute shitstorm for you or get myself doxxed.

I'm due for a beer out there soon.  Last time I hit up your place was 2017.  Grabbed some mozz sticks, a few beers, and played mario kart with my boss at the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Has facebook done so much for your business that you must have a presence there?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has facebook done so much for your business that you must have a presence there?
View Quote

As much as I hate FB, it is an indispensable tool for small businesses.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you should hang a second gadsden flag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good on you sir!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the sooner we all realize that FB and Twitter are virtual worlds that can be pretty much be ignored, the better.  I deleted FB about five years ago and haven't missed it a bit.  Nothing has changed regarding my purchasing habits and I definitely don't miss the doctored photos or everybody's perfect relationships!

The company I work for spends hours everyday fiddling over what to say to ensure that they do not offend anyone with the daily FB posts.  The funny thing is that FB is responsible for creating almost ZERO of our business but it is responsible for a lot of wasted time when people make negative comments on our posts.  Yes, it can be a nice way to communicate and connect, but that's not what it is used for anymore when it comes to business, it's become the tool of choice of the cancel culture.  Once you make the FB cancel culture greatest hits list, you'll always be on it.

As evil as Google and Apple are... they are the modern day Yellow Pages and the listings associated with searches for businesses and products with my phone have a bigger impact on where and what I purchase locally.  

FB is horrible, it makes people depressed looking at all their friends from high schools perfect fake lives.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m heading to Springfield Monday from St. Louis on an overnight business trip.

Think I’ll stop in for a visit and spend some $.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top