User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2020 9:39:13 AM EDT
List of protests against the shutdown, per Vicki McKenna

PROTESTS:
Saturday, 4/18 Brookfield Square 11am
Saturday 4/18, Genoa City Park and ride, 12:30p
Sunday, 4/19,  "Peaceful Walk" protest, Madison, WI Capitol, 1pm. (Pinckney and Main Streets)

Sunday 4/19, Mosinee (location TBA) 2pm
Friday, 4/24, Madison, WI Capitol, 12pm.

Have a protest you want me to list?   Email me:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Good turn out in Brookfield today.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be going to madison and sit in traffic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at Brookfield today. Evidently some masked ANTIFA type from the "tolerant left" took offense at my signs and pulled over to flip the bird. He took even greater offense to everyone smiling and waving at him. That led him to throw a full bottle of hot sauce at us and smashing on the ground. Another patriot in the group decided to turn his flagpole into a pike and come down through his sunroof and pop the guy in the head. While ANTIFA guy was preoccupied with being bopped in the head, Mr. Brodozer behind him decided to give his rear bumper a love tap. A pretty loud & crunchy sounding kiss. When ANTIFA guy then took off, you could see a nice indentation in his rear bumper. Dumbass...... Whoever you are Mr. Brodozer guy, well done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be going to madison and sit in traffic.
View Quote

As will I...
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sunday, 4/19,  "Peaceful Walk" protest, Madison, WI Capitol, 1pm. (Pinckney and Main Streets)

I’ll be interested to see how this one plays out. The “No F-35” crew protested yesterday at truax and the Capitol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
As I understand, there is supposed to be a gridlock protest on the 22nd.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was at Brookfield today. Evidently some masked ANTIFA type from the "tolerant left" took offense at my signs and pulled over to flip the bird. He took even greater offense to everyone smiling and waving at him. That led him to throw a full bottle of hot sauce at us and smashing on the ground. Another patriot in the group decided to turn his flagpole into a pike and come down through his sunroof and pop the guy in the head. While ANTIFA guy was preoccupied with being bopped in the head, Mr. Brodozer behind him decided to give his rear bumper a love tap. A pretty loud & crunchy sounding kiss. When ANTIFA guy then took off, you could see a nice indentation in his rear bumper. Dumbass...... Whoever you are Mr. Brodozer guy, well done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57664/20200418_165028_jpg-1374264.JPG
View Quote

I love the signs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Did Evers just double down again
May 26th his new opening date?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did Evers just double down again
May 26th his new opening date?
View Quote

Yep. And I wont be surprised if around the 20th he decides to extend it into june.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Pence alluded to states who have the lab capacity need to step up and start cranking out test kits for anti bodies...

Can't think of a city that has more microbiological industry than Madison,WI in the Midwest...

So when will Evers start leaning on them to crank out test kits...

Oh yeah that might indicate the shut down is futile and Evers won't want that news...kill his plans for us. imo
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard it mentioned they are closing down some streets in Madison because of the virus. Anyone know which ones, and  how it will affect the protest this week?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else notice that since Evers extended the order until 5/26 people have just said fuck it, and returned to normal? This past weekend, traffic up here has just about tripled.
I was amazed at the amount of traffic I saw on the highways, and in town (Eagle River). The prior weekend, it was like a ghost town. This weekend, looked more busy than normal for mid April.

Why was I out? My turkey tag starts wednesday 4/22, I was heading to the woods for some scouting, checking road access etc (some dirt roads get closed due to spring thaw every year). I hunt both nat'l forest & county forest. Had to drive through town to get to the county forest I hunt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that since Evers extended the order until 5/26 people have just said fuck it, and returned to normal? This past weekend, traffic up here has just about tripled.
I was amazed at the amount of traffic I saw on the highways, and in town (Eagle River). The prior weekend, it was like a ghost town. This weekend, looked more busy than normal for mid April.

Why was I out? My turkey tag starts wednesday 4/22, I was heading to the woods for some scouting, checking road access etc (some dirt roads get closed due to spring thaw every year). I hunt both nat'l forest & county forest. Had to drive through town to get to the county forest I hunt.
View Quote

On 70 from MN right after the St. Croix there’s a big traffic safety sign that basically says “Stay the fuck away Mudducks”.

Saw plenty of blue & white this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I heard it mentioned they are closing down some streets in Madison because of the virus. Anyone know which ones, and  how it will affect the protest this week?
View Quote

I believe they want to do the gridlock in the 22nd, around the square. Don't have a time though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Here in Marinette county this weekend there was a lot of ATV/UTV traffic from the cabin owners so ya it's kinda like back to normal. I do understand the threat of the virus but here in our county there are 5 positive tests so the risk is minimal and I'm sure the cabin owners aren't going to stay away. If Evers keeps the tourism industry closed until the end of May I don't see a very good Memorial Day weekend compliance. The death from virus stats just don't support locking the doors on all the bar and resort business. Turning the COVID threat into a political theater is just plain wrong and it sure looks like that's what the dems are up to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#16]
On my way to work friday, I thought there was an unusually high amount of traffic compared to the previous 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I am hearing trucks out on the highway with pretty much the same fequency in the middle of the night where for two or three weeks it was really quiet...
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here in Marinette county this weekend there was a lot of ATV/UTV traffic from the cabin owners so ya it's kinda like back to normal. I do understand the threat of the virus but here in our county there are 5 positive tests so the risk is minimal and I'm sure the cabin owners aren't going to stay away. If Evers keeps the tourism industry closed until the end of May I don't see a very good Memorial Day weekend compliance. The death from virus stats just don't support locking the doors on all the bar and resort business. Turning the COVID threat into a political theater is just plain wrong and it sure looks like that's what the dems are up to.
View Quote

Yeah opening day is May 2

Closes that down and he will loose some votes next time...

wouldn't that be a shame
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I made the mistake of running to Mendards yesterday for a gallon of pressure washer soap. You'd think it was Black Friday.  Parking lot was full all the way to the road.  Idiots everywhere.  I'm not one to be afraid of much, but it was too congested for my liking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
On my way to work friday, I thought there was an unusually high amount of traffic compared to the previous 2 weeks.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Last few weeks i have been the only one on the road. Today, there was probably 6 or 7 other cars on the 2 lane highway i take to work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that since Evers extended the order until 5/26 people have just said fuck it, and returned to normal?
View Quote

Out and about today working, I noticed a HUGE lack of the mask wearing public I saw just last week. And I have noticed an uptick in traffic in town also.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took distinct notice of that this past weekend, and it was a mix of 2nd home owners and locals.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I'll be dammed. They caught the guy. All the people attending, and the only one to possibly face legal trouble happens to be from the "tolerant left".

"We estimate that approximately 1000 citizens from South Eastern Wisconsin attended the event and exercised their First Amendment right to protest the extension of the governors “Safer-At-Home Order”. No arrests were made and one individual will be referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney’s Office for disorderly conduct charges stemming from the throwing of a glass bottle of hot sauce toward event attendees from a passing motor vehicle. No one was struck or injured as a result of this subjects actions."

https://fox6now.com/2020/04/20/brookfield-police-issue-statement-on-large-protest-1-of-approximately-1000-referred-for-charges/
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I made the mistake of running to Mendards yesterday for a gallon of pressure washer soap. You'd think it was Black Friday.  Parking lot was full all the way to the road.  Idiots everywhere.  I'm not one to be afraid of much, but it was too congested for my liking.
View Quote

I went to the Menards in Hales Corners Sun morning and it was the same thing.  Packed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm a truck driver.  I spend a lot of time in and around Milwaukee.  Truck traffic (semis, dump trucks, box trucks, mixer trucks etc) on 41, 94 and 43 is the same as always.  Four wheeler traffic is about half during the day and 1/3 during rush hour.  It's nice.  

Cars have so much space they're actually staying out of the trucking lanes.  Well, for the most part.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah opening day is May 2

Closes that down and he will loose some votes next time...

wouldn't that be a shame
View Quote

The Dems will just "find" more absentee ballots during the next governor's race to make up the difference.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much the same here in Vilas. There's been 4 positive tests, and 2 of those were traveling and brought it back with them ("snowbirds" they're called... they spend winters in the south, summers up north, they fly away like migrating birds in the fall when it snows, come back in the spring).  #3 was in close contact with the 1st when he returned. I don't know specifics of #4, but local health department has said there is no "community spread" here, how #4 contacted it is known also and there's no risk. There hasn't been a new case in over 2 weeks, which is the suggested quarantine period. Forest County to the east still reports zero cases, Price & Iron to the west have 1 each. Oneida to the south has 6. Langlade & Lincoln have just 1 each afaik. (edit: Langlade & Lincoln each have zero). To the north, Iron County in MI has none, Gogebic MI has 3 or 4. In a 10 county area across 2 states, there's less than 20 known cases. I could likely expand that out even further if I looked them up, those are just the areas surrounding where I live.  

So when dealing with locals, there's not much of a fear factor. You don't have it, and odds are very high that they don't have it either. It's the outsiders, mainly those coming up from the south where it's widespread, that cause your butthole to pucker up a little. My business is technically open, but my customers have all sheltered in, or are closed up businesses. But, I now will not answer any phone calls that do not come from a local number. Those are typically the 2nd home people from down south. They've been exposed much more than we have up here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As I understand, there is supposed to be a gridlock protest on the 22nd.
View Quote

Every time I have driven through Madison the traffic was all screwed up, How do you tell the difference from a normal day?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pretty much the same here in Vilas. There's been 4 positive tests, and 2 of those were traveling and brought it back with them ("snowbirds" they're called... they spend winters in the south, summers up north, they fly away like migrating birds in the fall when it snows, come back in the spring).  #3 was in close contact with the 1st when he returned. I don't know specifics of #4, but local health department has said there is no "community spread" here, how #4 contacted it is known also and there's no risk. There hasn't been a new case in over 2 weeks, which is the suggested quarantine period. Forest County to the east still reports zero cases, Price & Iron to the west have 1 each. Oneida to the south has 6. Langlade & Lincoln have just 1 each afaik. To the north, Iron County in MI has none, Gogebic MI has 3 or 4. In a 10 county area across 2 states, there's less than 20 known cases. I could likely expand that out even further if I looked them up, those are just the areas surrounding where I live.  

So when dealing with locals, there's not much of a fear factor. You don't have it, and odds are very high that they don't have it either. It's the outsiders, mainly those coming up from the south where it's widespread, that cause your butthole to pucker up a little. My business is technically open, but my customers have all sheltered in, or are closed up businesses. But, I now will not answer any phone calls that do not come from a local number. Those are typically the 2nd home people from down south. They've been exposed much more than we have up here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much the same here in Vilas. There's been 4 positive tests, and 2 of those were traveling and brought it back with them ("snowbirds" they're called... they spend winters in the south, summers up north, they fly away like migrating birds in the fall when it snows, come back in the spring).  #3 was in close contact with the 1st when he returned. I don't know specifics of #4, but local health department has said there is no "community spread" here, how #4 contacted it is known also and there's no risk. There hasn't been a new case in over 2 weeks, which is the suggested quarantine period. Forest County to the east still reports zero cases, Price & Iron to the west have 1 each. Oneida to the south has 6. Langlade & Lincoln have just 1 each afaik. To the north, Iron County in MI has none, Gogebic MI has 3 or 4. In a 10 county area across 2 states, there's less than 20 known cases. I could likely expand that out even further if I looked them up, those are just the areas surrounding where I live.  

It's a problem for sure. A friend from down in Silver Cliff sent a short video this morning of a fire in a weekender trailer park by a popular resort. I understand why the weekenders want to go "up North" after all I was one of those before retirement BUT, a large number of those people are from Brown County and right now that's a hot spot with triple digit numbers. I don't give a shit how the fire started but it ended with the fire department and a group of rubberneckers NOT being responsible. This is just one example of how the virus spreads and I'm sure there are more. All that said our numbers here in Marinette county are low and I do not think it's right to lockdown the whole state but on the other hand I have no good answer either. These are difficult times and I hope in the end we can all look back and say the right thing was done but I'm just not sure what the right thing is.

Oh and I'll throw in a FTE just cuz.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I've noticed increased traffic in the last 2 weeks in Plymouth.

Went down to Costco in Grafton this week. Majority of people had masks on.
The wife and I didn't and were given a couple of looks like "WTF".
Went Fleet Farm in Plymouth today, vast majority had no masks on.

Difference in a more rural area vs big city.

Friend has a small biz in small local town, they have been officially closed.
But they have been selling thru phone calls and internet.
Call them, tell them what you want, swing by, pay at the front door, get your stuff and head home.

I think there will be much more open defiance to Evers orders in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I was at the Farm and Fleet in Oconomowoc on Tuesday.  The majority of the people did not have masks on.   I did not have a mask on.  I did get the stink eye from a couple when i was looking at vegetable seed rack.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#32]
SO how did the rally go today?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I went to the vet and had my cat buddy of 19 years put to sleep instead of going. It's been kind of dusty here today. I would have much rather gone to Madison.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I went to the vet and had my cat buddy of 19 years put to sleep instead of going. It's been kind of dusty here today. I would have much rather gone to Madison.
View Quote
Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Read on another board, His Majesty took the American Flag down from the flagpole on the capital.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Read on another board, His Majesty took the American Flag down from the flagpole on the capital.
View Quote

It was flying on the other side of the building.
Didn't stop the chants of "Where's our flag!" though.

I estimate 3K attended.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Police/ Evers/Whomever refused to let two flatbed trucks loaded with 2 dozen porta-pottys down. For a govt. that's so concerned about human health based on proper hygiene and sanitation practices, they sure didn't show it today.
It still went very well. Peaceful with no incidents and no counter protesters with the exception of one Antifa guy who displayed his Antifa flag. He was well behaved too, but being only one, I wouldn't have expected otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Police/ Evers/Whomever refused to let two flatbed trucks loaded with 2 dozen porta-pottys down. For a govt. that's so concerned about human health based on proper hygiene and sanitation practices, they sure didn't show it today.
It still went very well. Peaceful with no incidents and no counter protesters with the exception of one Antifa guy who displayed his Antifa flag. He was well behaved too, but being only one, I wouldn't have expected otherwise.
View Quote

I think there were a couple of his associates there, one without a mask. Or he might have been with one of the fake nurses there.

Some older gentleman was having a conversation with the antifa clown, they seemed to be listening to each other. One of the other antifas was listening too and joining in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

For every single disagreement comment we got like 70 positive ones
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/308764/received_2587451228165198_jpeg-1384984.JPG

View Quote

Were you all in one group? Or did you just start joining up together as you saw others? I know I saw other groups of 3,4,5 that were together. Now that I know there are others, I may carry next time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Were you all in one group? Or did you just start joining up together as you saw others? I know I saw other groups of 3,4,5 that were together. Now that I know there are others, I may carry next time.
View Quote

My group of guys was about 5 guys

The other group we were linked up with had like 6-7

Everyone else had between 3-7 guys in their groups. Seemed like it you had gear and a rifle, you were accepted to hangout with all the others doing the same.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#42]
A buddy sent me this (apparently on the front page of global), anyone run into this clown?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/g7l5ta/a_friend_offering_some_advice_to_the_covid/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A buddy sent me this (apparently on the front page of global), anyone run into this clown?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/g7l5ta/a_friend_offering_some_advice_to_the_covid/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
View Quote

I think that may be the guy who was holding a cardboard sign that said "You're all idiots".  
Might be the same guy who attacked someone near the parking garage, from a FB video I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that since Evers extended the order until 5/26 people have just said fuck it, and returned to normal?.
View Quote

I have.

They can fuck off with this “safer at home” nonsense.  I’ll do what I what.  Because, America.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Everyone else had between 3-7 guys in their groups. Seemed like it you had gear and a rifle, you were accepted to hangout with all the others doing the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI, you are one of the ones Miami_JBT is harping on.

Me personally? I fricken love it!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/308764/received_2587451228165198_jpeg-1384984.JPG

View Quote

That's good stuff right there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#48]
They shut down smelt fishing this until May 5
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top