BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it, I have sort of a dinky safe anyway by arfcom standards
Can anyone tell me why most houses have full on gas furnaces, water heaters, and electric stoves??!!
I wants my gas stove, this house doesn't have one, even my realtor couldn't explain it to me. Has a high fallutin electric since remodel, but I don't understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, scratch that.  I do have a moving recommendation.  Nick of Time Moving  

Nick is a member here and moved my safe into the basement.  I didn't realize that they offered more than just safe moving services, but according to the website they will do full service moves.  They're located in SE WI, about halfway between you and your new destination.  Based on my previous experience, I'd highly recommend Nick's crew.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it, I have sort of a dinky safe anyway by arfcom standards
Can anyone tell me why most houses have full on gas furnaces, water heaters, and electric stoves??!!
I wants my gas stove, this house doesn't have one, even my realtor couldn't explain it to me. Has a high fallutin electric since remodel, but I don't understand.

Some people don’t want gas stoves. It’s really that simple.

Depending on how the lines are ran, & what size they are, it may be an easy addition or it could be more complex.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Closing is scueduled a week from this Monday, can't wait. As for the naysayers, I picked the area because it was very red, realtor and her family have a ton of guns, she said we need more of you up here.
Said lots of properties she's sold have been to people from western states that couldn't take the libtard shit anymore.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Closing is scueduled a week from this Monday, can't wait. As for the naysayers, I picked the area because it was very red, realtor and her family have a ton of guns, she said we need more of you up here.
Said lots of properties she's sold have been to people from western states that couldn't take the libtard shit anymore.
View Quote
Congrats! If you need any help shoot me a pm, I'm not too far away.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Per realtor, roof is on, 10 year warranty, my final walk through tomorrow, Sunday 4pm, closing Monday 8am
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone moving out of Logans Square has my sympathy...
What's taken you so long brother?
(Lake County) myself
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on the house OP.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I realize this might be a little late, but I will second Nick of Time moving. Didn't realize he was a member here. Used him to move a Black Friday safe purchase. Good communication prior to the move, arrived on time, was extremely efficient, took care not to cause damage in some tight areas, offered some good suggestions (location and a few other items), and was reasonably priced. Highly recommended!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, guess I'm an official resident now. Back in IL now, just on phone. Think I changed my state on profile.
Have a bunch of crap to haul up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Will look into the Nick of Time Moving, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Appleton seems nice. I almost moved there in 2012 but I didn't get the job I was applying for. I'm still looking around Vilas County but I may have to take another look at Appleton simply for the amount of work and available women.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE!!11!! ALET!

So awesome, everyone friendly

DMV, in and out in 15 minutes, new license and plates. Thought I'd died and was in heaven.

Did the concealed carry class, even though I had IL, FL, ID permits, sat through the 3 hours.
Only had to do the 10 minutes of WI law, it was ok.

Why is Pabst more expenisive here than Chicago?

Post your buck or speared sturgeon on morning news is fabulous!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!11!! ALET!

!
View Quote

Probably because it's the official beer of wanna be rednecks/cowboys/hipsters so they can charge more for the PBR.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to WI!

I'd stay away from the PBR though...I only drink it when hammered and a cheap friend buys a round of silos because they're on special.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Also, speaking of sturgeon spearing....snapped this pic today of Winnebago. If you zoom in, there's about 4000 ice shantys.

Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome!  How is it going so far?

Sorry, I thought I had welcomed you already because we have 2 similar threads going on right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
UPDATE!!11!! ALET!

DMV, in and out in 15 minutes, new license and plates. Thought I'd died and was in heaven.

Did the concealed carry class, even though I had IL, FL, ID permits, sat through the 3 hours.
Only had to do the 10 minutes of WI law, it was ok.

Post your buck or speared sturgeon on morning news is fabulous!
View Quote

IDK, but Hamm's is like $12.50 at Woodman's. Gotta love Woodman's, their liquor department is bigger than some small town grocery stores.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#18]
$12 for a 30 pack of Hamms and at least it doesn't come from New Glarus.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks everyone, trying to get all my LEO friends up here.  They're like us so don't worry.

Anyone know of the best outdoor rifle ranges in the Fox cities area?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#20]
There’s Shicton and also a 1k range just south of Fond du Lac called Cascade. Cascade is private but during the warmer months they regularly put on rifle putt putt sessions open to the public for cheap.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shiocton would be best 560 max, lots of room for other calibers
View Quote

Has anyone heard definitively if they allow BMG? They used to, but I seem to recall some drama and possibly a rule against it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Welcome!  How is it going so far?

Sorry, I thought I had welcomed you already because we have 2 similar threads going on right now.
View Quote

Going great, we got a melt coming on! Woohoo! Job searching right now, specifically looking for walking distance or riding a bike in spring/summer.

So much work I'm qualified for up here, all stores in close distance, but no real traffic on my street.

House is great, concrete, not block basement, on a semi ridge where all melts downhill.  Have bunnies under backyard deck, will show mercy on them till spring, then spray peppermint and secure access so they won't come back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Have bunnies under backyard deck, will show mercy on them till spring, then spray peppermint and secure access so they won't come back.
View Quote

LOL... I'd leave them be. We call them survival food up here, for when SHTF and the grocery stores are out of meat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

you’re a better man than I… we have a good size garden every year, and lots of plants my wife loves in the yard

View Quote

We gave up on gardens, yard plants, flower beds etc, about 4-5 years ago. When the DNR banned deer feeding here, we lost our ability to "bribe" the deer with freebies like corn, potatoes, apples. We had a "truce" with the 150lb "woods-rats". But after we had to stop openly feeding them, we broke the peace treaty, and they simply began helping themselves to whatever we tried to grow instead. They'd eat the flowers right down to the ground as fast as they grew. And when the wolves moved into the nearby Nicolet Nat'l Forest in big numbers over the past decade, the deer relocated here, to be around people where they feel safe. So they are very plentiful.

Otoh... one deer has more meat than 50 or so rabbits, so there's that on the plus side, if SHTF.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Have not seen one live deer in last 5 months here, raptors and eagles everywhere, bald eagle preserve on Fox River by me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Have not seen one live deer in last 5 months here, raptors and eagles everywhere, bald eagle preserve on Fox River by me.
View Quote

Last night just before dark, I counted 24 deer, just looking out my windows. They yard up for the winter where I live. Some of the smaller bucks still have antlers too, which isn't common for March.

This picture is typical...took this out my kitchen window on Feb. 8th.

" />" />
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#30]
It's hard watching someone else live the life you want. Hopefully come summer house gets listed, I'm out this bitch, and up north too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I drove my wife to work one day last week and saw 7 at 4:30am.  They're all over the place and are still moving in SE WI.  Wife has been seeing coyotes too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Back when I was in High School (yeah, THAT long ago!) we used to hunt them and fur buyers were paying $25 for a shot carcass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#33]
The best thing about living with the deer, as a deer hunter, over time you develop what I call "hunter eyes". I spend at least an hour everyday, in the seasons when there's no leaves on the trees, looking out my windows into the woods... looking for deer. I now see things, that as a city person (seems like another lifetime) I would never notice. I amaze myself sometimes, at how my eyes have been "trained" over the past 30 years, to spot a stationary deer hundreds of yards away through the trees. Even further, if they're moving. When you see them day in and day out, there are tiny details you recognize as a deer, that (subconsciously) just jump out at you when one is in your field of vision. When you live in a city or town, that doesn't happen. It takes years of repetition.

Another advantage is "buck fever" is a thing of the distant past too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The best thing about living with the deer, as a deer hunter, over time you develop what I call "hunter eyes". I spend at least an hour everyday, in the seasons when there's no leaves on the trees, looking out my windows into the woods... looking for deer. I now see things, that as a city person (seems like another lifetime) I would never notice. I amaze myself sometimes, at how my eyes have been "trained" over the past 30 years, to spot a stationary deer hundreds of yards away through the trees. Even further, if they're moving. When you see them day in and day out, there are tiny details you recognize as a deer, that (subconsciously) just jump out at you when one is in your field of vision. When you live in a city or town, that doesn't happen. It takes years of repetition.

Another advantage is "buck fever" is a thing of the distant past too.
View Quote

I must need a new prescription.  Or I need to move.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I must need a new prescription.  Or I need to move.  
View Quote

If you live in a city... yeah, move.

I've had relatives and friends from the city come to visit, some of them are deer hunters with years of seasons under their belts. They'll be looking out my window into the woods at some deer. I'll count a dozen, when I ask "how many do you see? Take your time and count"... they may see 5 or 6 of the 12 I see. They see the ones moving, or in the open. They don't see the ones I spot by seeing just a leg, an ear, or a tail on a stationary deer partially obscured by brush or pine tree branches, maybe 100 yards away.  Hell, there's probably really 15 where I see 12, and they see 6.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I can close my eyes, point out the window and show you my 87 ninja attack squirrels and the asshole crow couple that decided to nest in one of my pines.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#37]
We've got the same pair of Sandhills that hang out around our place every year.  They make WONDERFUL alarm clocks in the AM and I swear they follow us to FL in the winter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top