Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2022 1:00:19 AM EDT
So I’ve got a 20 year old truck which is in fabulous condition. No rust at all. But I’m originally from NY and I know how fast rust can destroy a vehicle.

Is salt used on the roads there?  Should I start applying Fluid Film on now before I get there? Lol

Oh, just out of curiosity, how much is it to register and get plates there?

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Some salt, but a lot of Mag-chloride. Plates, I can only compare to Nebraska, but from what I've seen they are considerably higher here
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't they use sand up there? I was in the area last week and hardly any vehicles were rusted out. Nothing like the catastrophe that is the Midwest.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Change your oil, put it in a cheap HD garden sprayer and spray the underside of the truck.
Keep it off of rubber if possible and come spring hit it at the carwash and your good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top