Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2019 1:02:53 PM EDT
Anyone have a recommendation for windshield glass replacement in ABQ?  Gotta love all these rocks...TIA
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag as i need one and was quoted almost 1500 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife used Safelite about six months ago.  They came to the house to evaluate and replace it.  Did an excellent job and insurance covered everything.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here with Safelite.  I dropped off my car when SL still had their location near Cottonwood Mall - around $400 or so for a Nissan Maxima replacement.  Last time someone came to the house, but the chip and crack was too big and spread in less than 24hrs.  At least the guy adhered to the time I scheduled him at the house.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
well,

Safelight screwed up my vehicle.

I made their job easier by removing the wipers and ventilation panels before they arrived.   Two young kids came out to do the replacement.  They didn't even look 18 years old.  They clearly had a lot of experience getting the old windshield out.    The windshield was designed to rest on two stops at the bottom of the frame and be pressed in to a specific distance from the top of the frame.   They used large caulk guns to put a 1.5" tall by 1"wide triangular bead of sealant on the frame, dropped the new windshield in place, and called it good.   I asked them about the placement but didn't push the issue.

No problems until the first rain storm months later.   My wipers would only touch 50% of the windshield.   I tried all types of wiper blades and assemblies, replaced the arms and springs, with no improvement.  Safelight said tough luck.   Ended up getting it replaced at a local windshield shop, with my personal supervision.

I'd suggest you have a hose or couple of squirt bottles of water you can spray on the windshield and test the wipers before they leave.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well,

Safelight screwed up my vehicle.

I made their job easier by removing the wipers and ventilation panels before they arrived.   Two young kids came out to do the replacement.  They didn't even look 18 years old.  They clearly had a lot of experience getting the old windshield out.    The windshield was designed to rest on two stops at the bottom of the frame and be pressed in to a specific distance from the top of the frame.   They used large caulk guns to put a 1.5" tall by 1"wide triangular bead of sealant on the frame, dropped the new windshield in place, and called it good.   I asked them about the placement but didn't push the issue.

No problems until the first rain storm months later.   My wipers would only touch 50% of the windshield.   I tried all types of wiper blades and assemblies, replaced the arms and springs, with no improvement.  Safelight said tough luck.   Ended up getting it replaced at a local windshield shop, with my personal supervision.

I'd suggest you have a hose or couple of squirt bottles of water you can spray on the windshield and test the wipers before they leave.
View Quote
Yikes. sounds like you got the shaft on that one.  I would have been on the phone, pitching a bitch and getting it done right.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Lomas glass and tint...the owner is 2a friendly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top