Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2021 6:52:05 PM EDT
First in for reports, and the wind is not even done yet. I have a bunch of shingles in my back yard, and yep, they are mine.  Looks like 4 or 5 broken fence posts right now.  Already called in an filed insurance claim to get in line. The wife's house has no damage yet (in Helena). There are some trees down around her neighbors, and the carport across the street collapsed onto the the car that was in there.  I figure sunnybean has to be getting it good too.  Here in the north end of the valley it is changing directions quickly; mostly from the west or north.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Some shingles blew off my roof and part of my fence almost collasped (managed to screw it back together). I don't think there is too much damage to my roof but I got someone coming to check it out Friday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at my neighbors place and they have some missing shingles along with peeling. Maybe some of the ones in my yard are theirs??  I keep checking my siding too, and so far ok there. Quite a few places here were missing chunks of siding after the last big wind storm in November.

I was looking at the fence, and the posts.  The ground there is frozen. I think I can hammer in a spike and then use a 2x4 to brace it up for now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I lost about five panels from my metal roof.  Unfortunately it's way too high and steep to get up there and do anything about it.  Neighbors on one side had their driveway arch blow down and neighbors on the other side lost a couple trees.  Friends down the street had a large tree in their yard come down on their car in the driveway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I was reading reports of 125mph gusts around Missoula.

I did a walk around as the wind died down a bit and I am also missing some siding. I looked up and down the street here and there are an awful lot of shingles in lawns and the road.  On a dog walk I saw a lot more. Seems that stuff that had a west facing side took the brunt of the damage.  First time in 40 years of home ownership I have ever filed a claim.  Will see how this goes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing that I know of, knock on wood.

Wife just showed me a video of the roof flying off of MSU Northerns Library Building.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Between me and my two neighbors, we lost ~50 large trees spread over 110 acres.  It is interesting because you can see the gust patterns in the lines of uprooted trees.  The tractor grapple and the chainsaw are going to get some exercise for the next few days.  It is nice to have power again too.  It was out for about 11 hours.  I need to buy those power crews a beer, they worked their asses off today in pretty crappy conditions.  Watching them sway in the wind 60 feet off the ground in their buckets looked like no fun at all - and I'll bet their day still isn't over.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The wife had the video sent to her on FB
View Quote

I just got a glimpse of it on the news. That peeled like a banana! I have worked on the hvac units on that building.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Our trampoline tried to run away.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
We only saw 76 mph winds around here... just another day.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Our trampoline tried to run away.
View Quote

Our trampoline did run away a few years ago. Wife got home and said ‘the neighbors across the street put a trampoline in their front yard’.

Yep, it was ours.

Since then, it’s been tethered to a cotton wood tree.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We only saw 76 mph winds around here... just another day.
View Quote

Lulz, sounds like you live in Browning, Cut Bank, or Baker.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I found my siding, and it looks to be ok. Now if the strip on the house is good it might be ok to just pop it back in.. :D  On the dog walk this morning, different route, there is quite a bit of fencing down (vinyl), lots of siding gone, and of course all the roof damage.  I think my roof is the original to the house, so it most likely will be at 'end of life'. Will see.  Oh, counted 8 fence posts I need to replace, but can come up with a brace for now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lulz, sounds like you live in Browning, Cut Bank, or Baker.
View Quote
I miss the winds sometimes.
Lived on the Blackfoot rez for a bit.

Seeing train cars full of wheat getting blown over and houses with tires on the roof.

People in my area of SW AK go wow a strong wind of 50mph and I tell them it is just a stiff breeze. Try winds over 100mph.

I know some places in the Bulls lost there roofs.
Also grass fire took some homes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Lost a few rows of shingles on the shop, along with facia and soffit on the house. Unfortunately, State Farm says my $1000 deductible is more then the damage.
But the roofer I had come out and look said they can't get the color of my shingles anymore and the ins co is unwilling to do anything.

The civic center lost 2 large trees over 100 yrs old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top