Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2021 3:21:45 PM EDT
I am in Wilmington for the week and looking for suggestions to any place I absolutely need to check out? Food/drink/etc? Just bumming it on Carolina Beach. Going to at least browse a few of the LGS and see if I can't make some bad decisions!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
USS North Carolina of course.

Fort Fisher.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I should have included we planned on going to the aquarium. I would like to tour the fort and USS North Carolina...if kids allow! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The boardwalk downtown along the river can be fun. There used to be a good ice cream and sweets shop there called Killwins I think. Haven't been there in a few years but it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#4]
USS North Carolina
Fort Fisher
Tiller and Lanier Guns
(8 Jacksonville St, Willmington)
Take ferry from Ft Fisher to Southport

CD
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The boardwalk downtown along the river can be fun. There used to be a good ice cream and sweets shop there called Killwins I think. Haven't been there in a few years but it was pretty good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We walked the boardwalk Monday night, pretty decent. Ate at Carolina Smokehouse which was pretty good. Didn't get ice cream there but got some at the Celtic Creamery which was outstanding.

Quoted:
USS North Carolina
Fort Fisher
Tiller and Lanier Guns
(8 Jacksonville St, Willmington)
Take ferry from Ft Fisher to Southport

CD

We're headed to Fort Fisher and the Aquarium this afternoon(after windshield gets replaced from being smoked by a rock on the way down). U.S.S. North Carolina on the way home Thursday. I will try to get to Tiller & Lanier while family naps. Thanks Everyone!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kilwins is a chain in all of the popular touristy places.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Fork & Cork downtown if you like burgers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Wake N Bake donuts in Carolina Beach is pretty good.  Its on the Wilmington side of the big bridge going towards Carolina Beach.  Its a little shop in a Food Lion shopping center.  The ghost pepper donut is great, but really spicy.

Get there early for the best  selection.

Also in Carolina Beach is Good Hops Brewery.  If they have it, try the Pleasure  Island Pilsner.  I'm a huge fan of pilsners, and this one is really  good.  Their Stanky Yankee Hazy IPA is good too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wake N Bake donuts in Carolina Beach is pretty good.  Its on the Wilmington side of the big bridge going towards Carolina Beach.  Its a little shop in a Food Lion shopping center.  The ghost pepper donut is great, but really spicy.

Get there early for the best  selection.

Also in Carolina Beach is Good Hops Brewery.  If they have it, try the Pleasure  Island Pilsner.  I'm a huge fan of pilsners, and this one is really  good.  Their Stanky Yankee Hazy IPA is good too.
View Quote

We had Wake N Bake twice and now my 4 year old has been saying he wants to Wake N Bake for breakfast haha...they have great donuts though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top